Topics

Directional coupler info sought

John Lemay

Hi all

I have a directional coupler from Omni Spectra. It is marked with FSC16179
and PN2020-4077-20.

It also indicates that the coupling is -20dB.

I'd like to know the useful frequency range but can't find info on the web.
Any suggestions ?

My analyser only goes to 3.2GHz, at which point the coupling rises to about
-23dB, so I'm hopeful this could be useable from around 5 to 10GHz. Wishful
thinking perhaps !

Regards

John G4ZTR

https://www.avg.com

Paul Evans W4/VP9KF

This product range ended up with MAcom. You could request info at:

https://www.macom.com/products/product-detail/2020-4018-20

In the main table they indicate that these are one octave only, yet the 4018 isn't explained. Yes, the -20 does mean 20dB.
I think the FSC16179 refers to the physical footprint because numerous OS (and MAcom) couplers use it.
--
73, Paul Evans G4BKI [VP9KF]

Paul Evans W4/VP9KF

It's 7-18 GHz