Topics

Commercially made Yagi for 2.3 & 3.4GHz

Andy GD1MIP

Folks,  I have now got transverters running for 13cm and 9cm.  I have successfully used them with small PCB yagi's. My ultimate goal is to make a feed to a NOS 1.2m Andrew dish sitting in my shed, mount it on a trailer and go /P. A real winter project.

But for now a quick option would be premade yagi's centred around 2320.200MHz  and 3400.100 MHz.
Can anyone recommend a company producing yagi's of at least 30 elements?

Thanks Andy GD1MIP

Andy G4JNT

For 3.4GHz you may do better with a flat plate antenna.
30cm square, gain ~ 21dBi
Not sure if you can get them for 2.3GHz

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 at 14:04, Andy GD1MIP <gd1mip@...> wrote:
Folks,  I have now got transverters running for 13cm and 9cm.  I have successfully used them with small PCB yagi's. My ultimate goal is to make a feed to a NOS 1.2m Andrew dish sitting in my shed, mount it on a trailer and go /P. A real winter project.

But for now a quick option would be premade yagi's centred around 2320.200MHz  and 3400.100 MHz.
Can anyone recommend a company producing yagi's of at least 30 elements?

Thanks Andy GD1MIP

Neil Smith G4DBN

https://directivesystems.com/2304-mhz-above/9-cm-antennas-3456-mhz/

They may do a decent discount on 9cm loop yagis now the US have lost the band, but heaven only knows what the shipping would be.

Neil G4DBN

On 29/10/2020 14:04, Andy GD1MIP wrote:
Folks,  I have now got transverters running for 13cm and 9cm.  I have successfully used them with small PCB yagi's. My ultimate goal is to make a feed to a NOS 1.2m Andrew dish sitting in my shed, mount it on a trailer and go /P. A real winter project.

But for now a quick option would be premade yagi's centred around 2320.200MHz  and 3400.100 MHz.
Can anyone recommend a company producing yagi's of at least 30 elements?

Thanks Andy GD1MIP

SAM JEWELL

I had a special three section boom made for my 112 element 'Blowtorch' QLP to enable shipping. I also provided my own trombone support.

When I tried to bring the original back through Dallas Fort Worth airport I was told in no uncertain terms 'you're not bringing that on here'

I got Kent to take the original back to DS and for DS to send me the new three piece boom, which ws then short enough to airfreight to the UK. I was able to bring the other parts of the antenna home with me!

73 de Sam

They may do a decent discount on 9cm loop yagis now the US have lost the band, but heaven only knows what the shipping would be.

Neil G4DBN

On 29/10/2020 14:04, Andy GD1MIP wrote:
Folks, I have now got transverters running for 13cm and 9cm. I have successfully used them with small PCB yagi's. My ultimate goal is to make a feed to a NOS 1.2m Andrew dish sitting in my shed, mount it on a trailer and go /P. A real winter project.

But for now a quick option would be premade yagi's centred around 2320.200MHz and 3400.100 MHz.
Can anyone recommend a company producing yagi's of at least 30 elements?

Thanks Andy GD1MIP

Stuart G1ZAR

The Directive Systems ones are centered on 3.456 GHz which is a way from our allocation. Would they need any tweaking for UK use?

Stuart
G1ZAR

Colin Ranson

Andy,

Wimo make flat plates for 2.4 GHz, I tried mine on QO-100, could not get much of a signal in.

Regards,

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

For 3.4GHz you may do better with a flat plate antenna.

30cm square, gain ~ 21dBi

Not sure if you can get them for 2.3GHz

Andy

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 at 14:04, Andy GD1MIP <gd1mip@...> wrote:

Folks,  I have now got transverters running for 13cm and 9cm.  I have successfully used them with small PCB yagi's. My ultimate goal is to make a feed to a NOS 1.2m Andrew dish sitting in my shed, mount it on a trailer and go /P. A real winter project.

But for now a quick option would be premade yagi's centred around 2320.200MHz  and 3400.100 MHz.
Can anyone recommend a company producing yagi's of at least 30 elements?

Thanks Andy GD1MIP

Stuart G1ZAR

Andy.
for 2.3 GHz portable I use the WIMO /SHF antennas 40 element Yagi.
https://www.wimo.com/en/antennas/vhf-uhf-shf-antennas/stationary-directional-antennas-yagi-x-quad/shf-1340
They make longer ones, but I prefer one that will fit in the car complete.

I also have a shorter antenna from Antennas-Amplifiers which was purchased just for mountain topping
https://www.antennas-amplifiers.com/13cm-antenna
OK, but designed for vertical polarisation, so you would have to change the mounting.

Stuart - G1ZAR