Celwave of Denmark Y096 isolator

Conrad, PA5Y

I wonder if any our OZ friends have any data on the Celwave Y096 isolator? The label says 413-431 MHz and of course it works very well on 432. I am mainly interested in the power handling, Any info would be appreciated.

73

Conrad PA5Y

KENT BRITAIN

Power handling is basically the power handing of the load.

Didn't have luck finding a picture of one.  Does in have an internal or external load?

If external we run 100 watts though similar ones ..... with 100+ watt loads of course.

On Monday, May 3, 2021, 11:52:54 AM CDT, Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...> wrote:

I wonder if any our OZ friends have any data on the Celwave Y096 isolator? The label says 413-431 MHz and of course it works very well on 432. I am mainly interested in the power handling, Any info would be appreciated.

73

Conrad PA5Y

Conrad, PA5Y

Hello Kent. It has a load which is mounted to an N type flange, it could be very easy to change this to a an actual N type and use an external load, I will have a look at this.

I have 2 of them just in case hi.

Conrad PA5Y

PS are you in the UK or do you never sleep?

Power handling is basically the power handing of the load.

Didn't have luck finding a picture of one.  Does in have an internal or external load?

If external we run 100 watts though similar ones ..... with 100+ watt loads of course.

On Monday, May 3, 2021, 11:52:54 AM CDT, Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...> wrote:

I wonder if any our OZ friends have any data on the Celwave Y096 isolator? The label says 413-431 MHz and of course it works very well on 432. I am mainly interested in the power handling, Any info would be appreciated.

73

Conrad PA5Y

KENT BRITAIN

They are hard to hurt.

Also the strength of the magnetic field is part of the frequency setting of the ferrite.

You can adjust it with some magnets off the frig!   (Old speakers and old circulators are also a good source)

Look at either loss at 432 MHz or reverse isolation.  Then put a magnet on it.
Got worse?   Flip over the magnet.   Move around for best loss/isolation then a drop of blue on the magnet.
Almost all my circulators have a magnet or two on them.  My personal record is moving an 18 GHz circulator to 24 GHz with 6 magnets.

You often see warnings on circulators to keep metal tools away from them.
They don't care if you magnetic your screwdriver!   But it changes the frequency tuning of the circulator.

On Monday, May 3, 2021, 12:06:42 PM CDT, Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...> wrote:

[...]

The unit works perfectly well at 432MHz without tuning. From memory it has 45dB isolation and <1dB loss, however I will fire up the VNA and check it again this evening.

73

Conrad PA5Y

Power handling is basically the power handing of the load.

Didn't have luck finding a picture of one.  Does in have an internal or external load?

If external we run 100 watts though similar ones ..... with 100+ watt loads of course.

On Monday, May 3, 2021, 11:52:54 AM CDT, Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...> wrote:

I wonder if any our OZ friends have any data on the Celwave Y096 isolator? The label says 413-431 MHz and of course it works very well on 432. I am mainly interested in the power handling, Any info would be appreciated.

73

Conrad PA5Y

Conrad, PA5Y

Measured it.

IL = 0.4dB min and the delta between the min value and 432MHz is 0.06dB so no problem there.

Isolation 36dB from 420-438

Return loss is 26dB and flat across the same range.

So it does not need any fiddling with.

I have no idea of the load power handling but it is not much more than 25W if I had to guess. I will need to change it.

73

Conrad PA5Y