ATC Capacitors

Andy G4JNT

I'm after some ATC capacitors for use in high(ish) power filters.
Is there a UK based source - or at least one that doesn't give all sorts of complicated and expensive import issues?

And doesn't supply  Chinese clones or fakes

Marcus Walden

On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 08:12, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
I'm after some ATC capacitors for use in high(ish) power filters.
Is there a UK based source - or at least one that doesn't give all sorts of complicated and expensive import issues?

And doesn't supply  Chinese clones or fakes

Neil Douglas

Andy,

Enigma Components sell ATC capacitors.

NeilD

G4SHJ

I'm after some ATC capacitors for use in high(ish) power filters.

Is there a UK based source - or at least one that doesn't give all sorts of complicated and expensive import issues?

And doesn't supply  Chinese clones or fakes

Rien Eradus PA0JME

You can also apply for free samples, they aren't difficult is my experience

73es Rien PA0JME

Op 13-9-2021 om 10:26 schreef Neil Douglas via groups.io:

Andy,

Enigma Components sell ATC capacitors.

NeilD

G4SHJ

I'm after some ATC capacitors for use in high(ish) power filters.

Is there a UK based source - or at least one that doesn't give all sorts of complicated and expensive import issues?

And doesn't supply  Chinese clones or fakes

Andy

Dave G8KHU

Mouser and Digikey both stock a decent range - OK so not UK per se, but at least VAT and duty sorted out by them so pretty hassle free. Shipping cahrges for orders sub £30'ish are a bit higher than Farnell / RS (assuming you don't have an account) but not too extortionate.

Mind you, if you can blag a free sample kit direct ......

Dave

g4bao

Indeed so.
Andy I can't remember the last time I PAID for ATC capacitors!

Their Sample service works and no questions asked!

73
John

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Depending on frequency, it is also worth perusing the "RF Capacitors" section of Farnell ... there are some useable devices in there for the low to middling frequencies.

On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 12:02, g4bao <john@...> wrote:
Indeed so.
Andy I can't remember the last time I PAID for ATC capacitors!

Their Sample service works and no questions asked!

73
John

I've used the AVX SQ series, rated to 500 V and over 10 amps RF at 50 MHz for 100 pF.  They appear to be discontinued now, but with some stock remaining at Farnell. https://uk.farnell.com/avx/sqcb7m101jatme-500/cap-100pf-500v-5-1210-smd/dp/1301984

I used to get them from RF-Microwave, but the minimum carriage charge is just silly.

Is ATC now owned by AVX/Kyocera?

Neil G4DBN

On 13/09/2021 12:10, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG wrote:
Depending on frequency, it is also worth perusing the "RF Capacitors" section of Farnell ... there are some useable devices in there for the low to middling frequencies.

On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 12:02, g4bao <john@...> wrote:
Indeed so.
Andy I can't remember the last time I PAID for ATC capacitors!

Their Sample service works and no questions asked!

73
John

Neil
http://g4dbn.uk

Paul Randall G3NJV

Do you know what values you need? I have a few here.
Paul

I'm after some ATC capacitors for use in high(ish) power filters.
Is there a UK based source - or at least one that doesn't give all sorts of complicated and expensive import issues?

And doesn't supply  Chinese clones or fakes

Andy G4JNT

Thanks for all the replies, and the offers.  Don't need freebies, the finance is there to pay for them so hang on to yours until a more worthy request comes along :-)
Enigma seem to be the company to go to - I need a few values in the 33, 36 and 47pF region, preferring to use parallel combinations,  along with a handful at 4.7pF for fine trimming.

Worth seeing what they have on free offer, but at £2 ish per cap it's not too outrageous.   I thought they'd be more than that.

On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 14:27, Paul Randall G3NJV <paulfrandall@...> wrote:
Do you know what values you need? I have a few here.
Paul

I'm after some ATC capacitors for use in high(ish) power filters.
Is there a UK based source - or at least one that doesn't give all sorts of complicated and expensive import issues?

And doesn't supply  Chinese clones or fakes

Barry VE4MA

GE All

I recently tried to get free samples again and their web based tool no longer works and I got verbally redirected to the distributors (Digikey & Mouser).

I did  get some NOS units from AliEpress (not clones & good variety available).  Much lower cost than distributors new stock

Best 73
Barry VE4MA

Andy G4JNT

EXCELLENT Service from Enigma Components
Ordered a few ATC caps yesterday.
They've just arrived
Simple painless ordering too - no obligation to create a user name / password, which I hate when it's insisted-upon; you can order as 'guest'

On Mon, 13 Sept 2021 at 15:17, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
[...]

Just had a look on the AVX website and they still have the Sample option on there!

Andy G4JNT

Might try that for stocking the junk box

--
Andy (out keeping fit)

g4bao

Had a further dig round the AVX site and all the ATC series caps are there for sample request. Not tried it yet but good to know

https://www.avx.com/products/rfmicrowave/capacitors/

73
John