An amusing weekend ...

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Much enjoyment, I managed a few contacts on 9cm and a few on 3cm.

As expected, anything without KST was difficult, but for a few (brief) moments I was able to get a connection on Clee and make some contacts.

I thought I was going to have to turn back initially as the fog on Clee was so thick I could barely see far enough ahead to make progress. I struggled to find the correct bit of track to my preferred launch point.

Learned a lot as usual, need to sort my portable game out ;)

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti, G1YFG

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Yes it was.

I got to the SOTA summit and just managed to squeeze behind the cairn out of most of the stiff breeze. Almost as soon as I got logged on to KST the meeps seemed to keep coming. I hope I didn't miss anyone who called me.
Unfortunately the 22dBi horn does not cut the mustard and I failed with nearly everyone. Exception DIJ very strong as well as CBW, and ASR, just kept getting away, no DX'ers hears here.
After  2 1/2 hours on the summit and the Laptop/transverter and 705 batteries dying I called it a day. No cigar today with only 2 QSO's on 3cm when I need four for the SOTA activation.
Just as I left the top I got a message from GDP, drat he should have been an easy one across the Irish Sea. Oh well next time hopefully and maybe will have my 90cm portable dish in operation to help out.

Back in the van I setup at a nearby site and enjoyed giving a few points away on 23 and 9.

On Saturday I picked up what appears to be an unissued German telescopic mast from an S.K. sale, hopefully this will be on my trailer very soon.

https://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio/frank_radio_antenna_mast.htm

Nick G0HIK

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

On 08/05/2022 19:58, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io wrote:
[...]
https://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio/frank_radio_antenna_mast.htm <https://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio/frank_radio_antenna_mast.htm>
Nick G0HIK

It was good to work you. I just threw everything into the car last night and headed down at 5am. I heard GM4ISM briefly. I could have worked GDP but my phone credit ran out and the laptop battery also. I could have run the genny for the laptop but there was really no-one else workable that responded to my meeps. I'll be leaving the 3cm kit down here till December.

73 Brian GM4DIJ

--
Brian