ADF4351 Controller

Andy G4JNT

OK, your input required pse.
I've resurrected the ADF4351 boot project and now have a setup that can set 16 spot frequencies from data stored in the 16F688 PIC

If I'm going to make the PIC code widely available, need 16 spot frequencies to programme in for those who can't modify and assemble their own PIC code.   This will all have to be done on a standardised reference input - so this will be 10MHz unless anyone really wants 25MHz
or it could be 8 frequencies at 10MHz Fref and 8 frequencies for 25MHz Fref

SO anyone interested, send in your preferences.   If you ASSEMBLE PIC code from a .ASM file you can set your own frequencies - (or, strictly speaking, register sets).

I've done two PCB layouts; one directly plugs onto the SV1AFN board, the other onto the many boards using AD's header connection on their eval board.  This one can cope with both the 5x2 pin and in-line connections

It may be possible to go to 32 spot frequencies - the board was designed for this eventuality with 5 header selection positions.   SO it may be possible to consider 16 frequencies, with two different references , 10MHz and 25MHz

IMG-2892.JPG

IMG-2891.JPG

Dave G8GKQ

Andy

I use the following frequencies in my similar device, and have not seen any need to change them since building and using it:

100 MHz

144.1 MHz

432.1 MHz

1296.1 MHz

2320.1 MHz

2400.1 MHz

3400.1 MHz

5760.1 MHz (perhaps implement as 5760.1 / 3 ?)

10368.1 MHz (10368.1 / 3 ?)

24048.1 MHz (24048.1 / 7 ?)

47088.1 MHz (47088.1 / 11 ?)

75976.2 MHz (75976.2 / 19 ?)

My multiplication factors were lower as I used an ADF5355.

But this is not a request, just a suggestion, as I don’t need another one.

Dave

[...]

Colin Ranson

Hi Andy, 2664MHz for x2 to 5328MHz or 2665MHz x2 to 5330MHz for 6cm transverter 432 or 430MHz IF respectively.

Thanks for all your interesting posts

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

I've modded the PIC code, as of yesterday, for 32 spot frequencies with five control links.
Now it's going to be a case of generating the data for 32 frequencies and assembling into the file before placing the code for public consumption.

There's also the issue of what reference to choose.  10MHz, obvs.  But how worth it would it be to include a few frequencies for a 25MHz reference - the one often supplied on the Chinese boards?    With 32 settings to choose from, there's space for a small subset of 25MHz ones.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 at 10:47, Colin Ranson <g8lbs@...> wrote:

[...]

Andy,

I have just looked at the ‘black board’ I have under a good head viewer and the chip is an ADF5355 which goes to 13.5GHz. A completely different kettle of fish to the ADF4351.

I think I got it to make a sig genny, but have now got an alternative.

I’ll find something to make it go at a fixed 5328 or 5330MHz, having said that digital stuff is not my forte.

73’s

de G8LBS – presently putting together a 30w 3400MHz amp.

[...]

Tim, VK2XAX

Hi Andy,

Will you be offering PCB's or is making those up to the reader ?

If the later, can you share the gerbers so I can knock up a few down under ?

thanks

Tim

--
VK2XAX : QF56if : ITU59 : CQ30 : BMARC : WIA

Andy G4JNT

No, hardware is up to the constructor.
I can do Gerbers