Topics

ADF4350.

Colin Ranson

All, et al,

I have been following with interest the posts re: ADF4351.

I have a board with a ADF4350 on it. Its exactly the same layout

as many of the green 4351 PCB’s on The Bay. Above.

Can I still use this with 4351 Arduino codings ? I wonder what the difference is please ?

I just want to generate 2556MHz.... or will the phase noise be too bad ?

Thank you.

73’s  Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

geoffrey pike

Hi Colin,
I have one of those, will look at it tomorrow. Mine runs under Alain Forts Arduino sketch.
However what is considered to be bad phase noise!
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Monday, 4 January 2021, 22:31:05 GMT, Colin Ranson <g8lbs@...> wrote:

All, et al,

I have been following with interest the posts re: ADF4351.

I have a board with a ADF4350 on it. Its exactly the same layout

as many of the green 4351 PCB’s on The Bay. Above.

Can I still use this with 4351 Arduino codings ? I wonder what the difference is please ?

I just want to generate 2556MHz.... or will the phase noise be too bad ?

Thank you.

73’s  Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I just used the AD software to generate the numbers ... kinda.  I actually use some re-brewed Arduino code, but I checked the numbers agaisnt the official software

I'd just use the official software, get the numbers and use them to populate the digits in the Arduino sketch of your choice.  It has a different tick box for the 4351

image.png

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 at 22:38, Robin Szemeti <robin@...> wrote:
[...]

This is my green board at 2,556 GHz as in your picture with a 4351 fitted, useable i think (i use them anyway!)

Inline image