Activity List for the UK Microwave Group 24/47/76GHz contests - Sunday 11th July


John Quarmby
 

The next events in the UKuG Contest Calendar are the 24/47/76GHz contests on Sunday 11th July, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST).

Rules are here: https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

Please post details of your planned activity using the usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands:   24GHz 3W 48cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello, possibly 144.390MHz
Times: Various depending on activity and propagation.

73

John G3XDY



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


G1DFL
 

Current plan - may change depending on where other folks go! :)

Callsign: G1DFL/P

Locator: i) Hackpen IO91CL12 (Clear to GW, Brown Clee, Winchester)
              ii) Lockinge IO91GN83 (Clear to Walbury)
              iii) Applepie IO91JM22 (Clear to Walbury)
              iv) A4 Kintbury IO91GJ69 (Option to go here first to test to Walbury)

Sites are Wx dependent, if there is heavy rain I will likely stay more local to work Walbury/Basingstoke/Farleigh/Hannington paths. 

Bands:   24GHz 30cm PF dish, 250mW
              47GHz 30cm PF dish, 5mW
              76GHz 35cm PF dish, 2mW

Talkback: Prefer 144.390 SSB (100W), 433.450 FM (75W).
                wtKST, Zello, 07713 432632 if there is a signal.            
Times:     11am to 3pm

Hope to work some of you this Sunday.


Regards...Pete
G1DFL


On Monday, July 5, 2021, 04:17:13 PM GMT+1, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy@...> wrote:


The next events in the UKuG Contest Calendar are the 24/47/76GHz
contests on Sunday 11th July, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST).


Please post details of your planned activity using the usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands:   24GHz 3W 48cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello, possibly 144.390MHz
Times: Various depending on activity and propagation.

73

John G3XDY



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.







Dave G1EHF
 

Callsign: G1EHF/P
Locator: IO91GI44EO
Bands:   24GHz 0.1W 30cm dish
              47GHz 0.001W 30cm dish
              76GHz ???W 60cm dish (experimental!)
Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390MHz SSB, 433.450MHz NBFM
Times: Around 10am BST onwards

Hopefully we won't get drenched this time!

73, Dave G1EHF


G8ACE
 

Plans are still a bit fluid at the moment.
Callsign: G8ACE/P
Locator: IO91  area somewhere in Hampshire
Bands:   24GHz 3W if finished in time, 47GHz  150mW,  76GHz  a few mWs
Talkback: 144.390
Times: Various depending on weather, if wet then operation fixed from ohm.
73 John G8ACE


Barry Lewis
 

Callsign: G4SJH/P (collaborating with G1EHF/P)

Locator: IO91GI44EO

Bands:   24GHz 2W 30cm dish

Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390MHz SSB

Times: Around 10am BST onwards
Second outing for the new 24GHz loan gear with a larger antenna.


Roger Ray
 

Planned activity as follows:

Call: GW8CUB/P
Locator: IO81LS19
Bands: 24GHz 3W 30cm dish
47GHz 50mW 30cm offset dish
76GHz 50mW 30cm dish
Talkback: 144.390, Zello, KST
Time: 10.30 local onward

Roger

On 5 Jul 2021, at 16:17, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

The next events in the UKuG Contest Calendar are the 24/47/76GHz contests on Sunday 11th July, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST).

Rules are here: https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

Please post details of your planned activity using the usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 24GHz 3W 48cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello, possibly 144.390MHz
Times: Various depending on activity and propagation.

73

John G3XDY



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus






Roger Ray
 

Just as a heads up, to anyone going out on the Ridgeway on Sunday.
The ‘race to the stones’ a 100km walk/run race is happening using the ridgeway from the M4 to Avebury, on Saturday and Sunday.
There may be restrictions on sections open to vehicles, where vehicle use is discouraged for the event. This may or may not cause problems. Al least the carparks are likely to be busy at Barbury castle and Hackpen.

On 7 Jul 2021, at 18:50, Roger Ray via groups.io <g8cub=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Planned activity as follows:

Call: GW8CUB/P
Locator: IO81LS19
Bands: 24GHz 3W 30cm dish
47GHz 50mW 30cm offset dish
76GHz 50mW 30cm dish
Talkback: 144.390, Zello, KST
Time: 10.30 local onward

Roger
On 5 Jul 2021, at 16:17, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

The next events in the UKuG Contest Calendar are the 24/47/76GHz contests on Sunday 11th July, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST).

Rules are here: https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

Please post details of your planned activity using the usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 24GHz 3W 48cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello, possibly 144.390MHz
Times: Various depending on activity and propagation.

73

John G3XDY



--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus










G1DFL
 

Thanks Roger that event looks a disaster for operating from Hackpen and Lockinge. I will avoid The Ridgeway from Lewknor/M40 westwards!

Will have a think about where else to go, to get to you over in GW.

Regards..Pete
G1DFL




On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 at 13:12, Roger Ray via groups.io
<g8cub@...> wrote:
Just as a heads up, to anyone going out on the Ridgeway on Sunday.
The ‘race to the stones’ a 100km walk/run race is happening using the ridgeway from the M4 to Avebury, on Saturday and Sunday.
There may be restrictions on sections open to vehicles, where vehicle use is discouraged for the event. This may or may not cause problems. Al least the carparks are likely to be busy at Barbury castle and Hackpen.
> On 7 Jul 2021, at 18:50, Roger Ray via groups.io <g8cub=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Planned activity as follows:
>
> Call: GW8CUB/P
> Locator: IO81LS19
> Bands: 24GHz 3W 30cm dish
> 47GHz 50mW 30cm offset dish
> 76GHz 50mW 30cm dish
> Talkback: 144.390, Zello, KST
> Time: 10.30 local onward
>
> Roger
>> On 5 Jul 2021, at 16:17, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>
>> The next events in the UKuG Contest Calendar are the 24/47/76GHz contests on Sunday 11th July, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST).
>>
>>
>> Please post details of your planned activity using the usual format:
>>
>> Callsign: G3XDY
>> Locator: JO02OB
>> Bands:  24GHz 3W 48cm dish
>> Talkback: ON4KST, Zello, possibly 144.390MHz
>> Times: Various depending on activity and propagation.
>>
>> 73
>>
>> John G3XDY
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>







Roger Ray
 

I might be being over cautious. But, it is definitely something to be aware of. I assume the M4 end will all be cleared on Saturday. If I find out any more info, I will post it here.
Roger


On 8 Jul 2021, at 14:05, G1DFL via groups.io <peterdwberkshire@...> wrote:

Thanks Roger that event looks a disaster for operating from Hackpen and Lockinge. I will avoid The Ridgeway from Lewknor/M40 westwards!

Will have a think about where else to go, to get to you over in GW.

Regards..Pete
G1DFL




On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 at 13:12, Roger Ray via groups.io
<g8cub@...> wrote:
Just as a heads up, to anyone going out on the Ridgeway on Sunday.
The ‘race to the stones’ a 100km walk/run race is happening using the ridgeway from the M4 to Avebury, on Saturday and Sunday.
There may be restrictions on sections open to vehicles, where vehicle use is discouraged for the event. This may or may not cause problems. Al least the carparks are likely to be busy at Barbury castle and Hackpen.
> On 7 Jul 2021, at 18:50, Roger Ray via groups.io <g8cub=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Planned activity as follows:
>
> Call: GW8CUB/P
> Locator: IO81LS19
> Bands: 24GHz 3W 30cm dish
> 47GHz 50mW 30cm offset dish
> 76GHz 50mW 30cm dish
> Talkback: 144.390, Zello, KST
> Time: 10.30 local onward
>
> Roger
>> On 5 Jul 2021, at 16:17, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
>>
>> The next events in the UKuG Contest Calendar are the 24/47/76GHz contests on Sunday 11th July, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST).
>>
>>
>> Please post details of your planned activity using the usual format:
>>
>> Callsign: G3XDY
>> Locator: JO02OB
>> Bands:  24GHz 3W 48cm dish
>> Talkback: ON4KST, Zello, possibly 144.390MHz
>> Times: Various depending on activity and propagation.
>>
>> 73
>>
>> John G3XDY
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>







G4LDR
 

G4LDR; I will have be QRV from home, IO91EC02, near Salisbury.

Bands:

24GHz (on tower), good to east and Walbury and to The Blorenge.

47GHz and 76GHz at ground level, (only good to the east, towards Winchester)

Talkback, 144.390MHz and KST.

Times, various.

73 Neil G4LDR


David Robinson
 

I had originally planned to be on from IO81, but then I realised it clashes with the IARU HF contest which is being done from IO81KQ The site , although at 1000' is blocked to the East by Myndd Maen so no point in packing any gear!

Dave
GW4FRE


Martyn G3UKV
 

Callsign: G3ZME/P
Locator: IO82QL83
Band: 24GHz 65cm dish
Talkback: 144.390MHz SSB, Zello (possibly), tel: 07421 001166
Times: From 10:30 ish.

73 Martyn G3UKV (tdars)

On 05/07/2021 16:17, John Quarmby via groups.io wrote:
The next events in the UKuG Contest Calendar are the 24/47/76GHz contests on Sunday 11th July, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST).

Rules are here: https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

Please post details of your planned activity using the usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands:   24GHz 3W 48cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello, possibly 144.390MHz
Times: Various depending on activity and propagation.

73

John G3XDY





Virus-free. www.avg.com


Noel G8GTZ
 

I will be out roving around IO91/90.

Callsign: G8GTZ/P
Location: Roving
Bands: 24GHz 1 watt 30cms dish, 47 GHz 20mw 30cms dish, 76GHz 1mw
Times: From 10 am