Activity List for the UK Microwave Group mm-wave Contest Sunday 16th May

John Quarmby

The first of this years UK Microwave Group mm-wave contests takes place next Sunday, 16th May, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST), on the 24, 47, and 76GHz bands. Exchange is RST, serial number and 8 character locator. Full rules are here:

https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

I will put together an activity list prior to the event, please send details of your plans in the usual format:

Call: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB57
Bands: 24GHz 3W 45cm PF dish
Talkback: ON4KST and 144.175MHz
Times: Various depending on activity in range

73

John G3XDY

G8ACE

Call: G8ACE/P
Locator:  IO91JA  or JB or somewhere nearby.  Winchester area or maybe A30 east of Stockbridge depending on others locations
Bands:  24 GHz 0.8w 30cm dish  - 47GHz 150mW FM only 30cm dish Rx 40cm dish + LNA - 76GHz FM only 8mW 30cm dish Rx 30cm dish + LNA
Talkback:  144.390 & maybe .175 if this is also a calling channel now as above.  No to KST !
Times:  Start until I get tired or May showers arrive etc.

73
John G8ACE

Dave G1EHF

Weather not looking brilliant but hope to be on Walbury Hill

Call: G1EHF/P

Locator: IO91GI44
Bands: 24 GHz 100mW 30 cm PF dish, 47 GHz ??? uW 38 cm PF dish, 76 GHz ??? nW 60 cm PF dish
Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390 MHz SSB, 433.450 MHz FM and large mirror
Times: 9:00 UTC onwards

47 and 76 GHz systems both very basic and experimental, so no miracles expected!

73, Dave GEHF

Noel G8GTZ

I intend to be on as follows:

Callsign: G8GTZ/P
Location: TBD but roving around the Walbury Hill area.
Bands: 24,47 and 76 GHz
Talkback 144.390 and mobile.
Times: From 11am

73 Noel

G4LDR

I am hoping to be on for part of the day only (depends if my wife has to work at the COVID-19 vacination hub), so no roving this time!

Callsign: G4LDR/P
Location: IO91GC68 (3km East of Stockbridge, Hampshire).
Bands: 24, 47 and 76GHz.
Talkback: 144.390, (possibly Zello and/or ON4KST)

73 Neil G4LDR.

Roger Ray

Intended operation for Sunday. All subject to last minute revision due to WX or other circumstances.

G8CUB/P
24GHz 2W 30cm dish
47GHz 50mW 30cm dish
76GHz 50mW 30cm dish
Location:
Combe Gibbet IO91GI25 first 10-12
Hackpen IO91CL12 13.00ish onward

G0FDZ/P
24GHz 2W 18” dish
47GHz 15mW CW 0.5mW SSB 30cm dish
76GHz 100mW CW 0.5mW SSB 30cm dish
Locations as above

I have a spare 76G RX with 432MHz IF if anyone wants to give it a try. It has a 30cm dish, but no tripod mount.

Roger
G8CUB

On 10 May 2021, at 22:35, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

The first of this years UK Microwave Group mm-wave contests takes place next Sunday, 16th May, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST), on the 24, 47, and 76GHz bands. Exchange is RST, serial number and 8 character locator. Full rules are here:

https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

I will put together an activity list prior to the event, please send details of your plans in the usual format:

Call: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB57
Bands: 24GHz 3W 45cm PF dish
Talkback: ON4KST and 144.175MHz
Times: Various depending on activity in range

73

John G3XDY

G1DFL

If it's mostly dry I plan to be out on Sunday:

Callsign: G1DFL/P
Bands: 24GHz 250mw 30cm PF dish, 47GHz 0.5mW 30cm PF dish
Talkback: 144.390MHz, 433.450MHz, ON4KST, Zello (SHF Chat)
Locations:
10-12: Bisham IO91ON71 then Remenham IO91NM78 clear to Walbury
12-4: Roving East to West along Chiltern Ridge to locations clear to Walbury, Hackpen, Brown Clee?, GW?

If more folks are over to the West at the start, I might change my plans and rove the other way! :)

Regards....Pete
G1DFL

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 05:14:44 PM GMT+1, Roger Ray via groups.io <g8cub@...> wrote:

Intended operation for Sunday. All subject to last minute revision due to WX or other circumstances.

G8CUB/P
24GHz 2W 30cm dish
47GHz 50mW 30cm dish
76GHz 50mW 30cm dish
Location:
Combe Gibbet IO91GI25 first 10-12
Hackpen IO91CL12 13.00ish onward

G0FDZ/P
24GHz 2W 18” dish
47GHz 15mW CW 0.5mW SSB 30cm dish
76GHz 100mW CW 0.5mW SSB 30cm dish
Locations as above

I have a spare 76G RX with 432MHz IF if anyone wants to give it a try. It has a 30cm dish, but no tripod mount.

Roger
G8CUB
> On 10 May 2021, at 22:35, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> The first of this years UK Microwave Group mm-wave contests takes place next Sunday, 16th May, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST), on the 24, 47, and 76GHz bands. Exchange is RST, serial number and 8 character locator. Full rules are here:
>
> https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf
>
> I will put together an activity list prior to the event, please send details of your plans in the usual format:
>
> Call: G3XDY
> Locator: JO02OB57
> Bands: 24GHz 3W 45cm PF dish
> Talkback: ON4KST and 144.175MHz
> Times: Various depending on activity in range
>
> 73
>
> John G3XDY
>

> --

Martyn G3UKV

Call: G3ZME/P
Locator: IO82QL83 (Brown Clee)
Band: 24 GHz
Talkback: 144.390MHz, possibly ON4KST (note: 2m the usual T/B on this band to help dish alignment.)
Times: Most of day. Tel: 07421 001166
Nudge: Those /P Walbury Hill area - would help if compass outlook ~329 deg. available since that is the direction of Brown Clee !

73 Martyn G3UKV

On 10/05/2021 22:35, John Quarmby via groups.io wrote:
The first of this years UK Microwave Group mm-wave contests takes place next Sunday, 16th May, from 0900-1700GMT (1000-1800BST), on the 24, 47, and 76GHz bands. Exchange is RST, serial number and 8 character locator. Full rules are here:

https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

I will put together an activity list prior to the event, please send details of your plans in the usual format:

Call: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB57
Bands: 24GHz 3W 45cm PF dish
Talkback: ON4KST and 144.175MHz
Times: Various depending on activity in range

73

John G3XDY

Roger Ray

I should have added talkback 144.390 +0/-30kHz. Plus Zello.

ps. Please email me direct, if anyone wants to borrow the 76G rx, otherwise will leave at home due to limited space.

Roger
G8CUB

On 13 May 2021, at 08:39, Martyn G3UKV <ukv@...> wrote:

[...]

Latest weather update. Looking dodgy for Sunday.
Watching closely that wandering 'low'. . . . .
73 Martyn aka G3ZME/P

[...]

With a 50% chance of rain now forecast over Dampshire for Sunday if I dont get out I will try and operate from ohm via the loft window.
This means I can only operate between passing rain cells and am limited to bearings north around through east from IO91IB05.
Communication still via 144.390
Posting this now so that digest readers get it before the event.
73 John G8ACE

David Robinson

I was going to go out man portable at the trig point on cleeve common sunday with 24/47/76GHz but after seeing the forecast I am going to stay home and see what I can hear on rainscatter!

Last thursday night GB3ZME/B was an amazing sounding signal on 24GHz beaming east, just like 2m aurora

Dave
G4FRE

Roger Ray

With the weather looking bad - rain all day, and storms in the afternoon. We have reluctantly decided against making the journey to Hackpen & Combe Gibbet.
So will not be on for the contest.
Roger G8CUB & Chris G0FDZ