Topics

Activity List for the UK Microwave Group 24/47/76GHz Contests - Sunday 18th October

John Quarmby

The third and final session in the curtailed UKuG mm-Wave contest series takes place on Sunday 18th October, from 0900-1700 GMT (1000 - 1800 BST).

Bands are 24GHz, 47GHz, and 76GHz. Roving is permitted, indeed encouraged. If roving please note in your log the 8 character locator where each QSO took place.

Please post your plans for operation on UKMicrowaves and I will compile an activity list to send out next Saturday morning.

Please use this standard format to make editing the list easier:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB57
Bands: 24GHz    3W 48cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: Various depending on activity

73

John G3XDY

Dave G1EHF

I will be out and about, roving with 24 GHz and 122 GHz

Callsign: G1EHF/P

Locator: IO91GI35 and others
Bands: 24 GHz 100 mW 30 cm dish, 122 GHz VK3CV rig 30 cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390MHz
Times: 10.30 BST onwards

73, Dave G1EHF

Noel G8GTZ

I will be out and about roving with 24 GHz, 76 GHz and 122 GHz

Callsign: G8GTZ/P

Locator: Roving around IO91GI and neighbouring squares
Bands: 24 GHz 1 watt 30 cm dish, 76GHz UK loan gear which appears to be low on Tx and 122 GHz VK3CV rig 30 cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390MHz, Zello? and mobile
Times: 10.30 BST onwards

73, Noel G8GTZ

Phil Boorman G0JBA

I will be on from home

Callsign: G0JBA
Locator: JO01PG63
Bands: 24GHz    1.8W 40cm offset dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various depending on activity

Cheers
Phil G0JBA

On Thursday, October 15, 2020, 5:21 pm, Noel G8GTZ <noel@...> wrote:

I will be out and about roving with 24 GHz, 76 GHz and 122 GHz

Callsign: G8GTZ/P

Locator: Roving around IO91GI and neighbouring squares
Bands: 24 GHz 1 watt 30 cm dish, 76GHz UK loan gear which appears to be low on Tx and 122 GHz VK3CV rig 30 cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390MHz, Zello? and mobile
Times: 10.30 BST onwards

73, Noel G8GTZ

G1DFL

Callsign: G1DFL/P
Locator: Roving from IO91LO78 to 3-4 other sites in central IO91
(depends where everyone else goes?!)
Bands: 24GHz 250mW 30cm PF dish
Talkback: 144.390MHz preferred, KST, Zello (SHF Chat), 07713 432632
Times: 11am BST onwards

On Thursday, October 15, 2020, 05:37:37 PM GMT+1, Phil Boorman G0JBA via groups.io <g0jba@...> wrote:

I will be on from home

Callsign: G0JBA
Locator: JO01PG63
Bands: 24GHz    1.8W 40cm offset dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various depending on activity

Cheers
Phil G0JBA

On Thursday, October 15, 2020, 5:21 pm, Noel G8GTZ <noel@...> wrote:

I will be out and about roving with 24 GHz, 76 GHz and 122 GHz

Callsign: G8GTZ/P

Locator: Roving around IO91GI and neighbouring squares
Bands: 24 GHz 1 watt 30 cm dish, 76GHz UK loan gear which appears to be low on Tx and 122 GHz VK3CV rig 30 cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390MHz, Zello? and mobile
Times: 10.30 BST onwards

73, Noel G8GTZ

G8ACE

G8ACE
IO91JA  Lane End & off the A30 about two miles east of Stockbridge Hants
24 GHz  &  122 GHz
Talkback 144.390 only
Times I shall be around during the day

I shall only have 24GHz and 122 GHz bands unless I get a request for 47 or 76 GHz to reduce the amount of rigging & derigging time as activity on these intermediate bands appears much reduced now for the effort involved.

73s John G8ACE

Chris Bartram G4DGU

If anybody is active on 24 within 150km of IO70oj50oc, I'd be happy to attempt to get out /P. (2W/90cm, but not currently GPS locked on 24. Best DX>200km.)

73

Chris G4DGU

G1DFL

Thanks Chris. I've managed Wales from Hackpen, would love to try down your way.

There must be tonnes (well maybe 30 or so?) 24GHz systems somwhere in the UK. But nowadays its the same 10 or so folks. Fortunatly for me there is a friendly active group in IO91.

Where are all the 24GHz systems, and how do we get more folks out on Sunday?!

Does UKuG hold a list of people that are active on these higher bands (other than contest logs)?

Regards..Pete
G1DFL

(Big thanks to Mike G0MJW for the continued loan of his kit to me).

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 at 9:44, Chris Bartram G4DGU
<chris@...> wrote:

If anybody is active on 24 within 150km of IO70oj50oc, I'd be happy to
attempt to get out /P. (2W/90cm, but not currently GPS locked on 24.
Best DX>200km.)

73

Chris G4DGU

Martyn G3UKV

Callsign: G3UKV/P
Locator: IO82QL83
Band: 24 GHz
TalkbacK 144.390MHz (preferred), Zello SHF Chat possibly, tel 07421 001166. No 'KST
Times: from about 10:30am BST
73 Martyn G3UKV

On 10/10/2020 22:43, John Quarmby via groups.io wrote:
The third and final session in the curtailed UKuG mm-Wave contest series takes place on Sunday 18th October, from 0900-1700 GMT (1000 - 1800 BST).

Bands are 24GHz, 47GHz, and 76GHz. Roving is permitted, indeed encouraged. If roving please note in your log the 8 character locator where each QSO took place.

Please post your plans for operation on UKMicrowaves and I will compile an activity list to send out next Saturday morning.

Please use this standard format to make editing the list easier:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB57
Bands: 24GHz    3W 48cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: Various depending on activity

73

John G3XDY

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Paul G8AQA

Callsign: G6ZME/P / GC6ZME/P
Locator: Roving in Wales on the way to Lancashire
Bands: 24GHz    500mW 60cm cassegrain.
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, Tel: 07967 272185. Sorry no .390
Times: Various moving from location to location during the day.

73 G8AQA, M0HMO.

Keith

Saturday 17th Oct the VK6 Microwave Group are having a Microwave Activity day.
Too far away for you lot to join in but there will be VK6's  KB, UM, ZKO, ZSB, KZ, KDX, DSL, ML, and maybe a few more playing 5.7, 10 and 122 Ghz.
Pretty much the entire Microwave Ham population of Western Australia.
Hopefully we have fun and generate some more activity, and the forecast is 27 degrees Celsius, so the spring chill will have just eased ;)
73
Keith VK6KB

Roger Ray

Likely contest activity as follows:

callsign: G8CUB, G8CUB/P
locator: JO01DP90, plus others in Essex (JO01JR81, JO01DO31 etc)
bands: 24GHz 2/0.6W, 47GHz 50mW, (122GHz 10mW)
times: various after 10.00 gmt
talkback: ON4KST, Zello uhf chat, 144.390 local

73
Roger
G8CUB

On 10 Oct 2020, at 22:43, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

The third and final session in the curtailed UKuG mm-Wave contest series takes place on Sunday 18th October, from 0900-1700 GMT (1000 - 1800 BST).

Bands are 24GHz, 47GHz, and 76GHz. Roving is permitted, indeed encouraged. If roving please note in your log the 8 character locator where each QSO took place.

Please post your plans for operation on UKMicrowaves and I will compile an activity list to send out next Saturday morning.

Please use this standard format to make editing the list easier:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB57
Bands: 24GHz 3W 48cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: Various depending on activity

73

John G3XDY

John Quarmby

The third and final session in the curtailed UKuG mm-Wave contest series takes place tomorrow Sunday 18th October, from 0900-1700 GMT (1000 - 1800 BST).

Bands are 24GHz, 47GHz, and 76GHz. Roving is permitted, indeed encouraged. If roving please note in your log the 8 character locator where each QSO took place.

Here is the activity list for the contest:

Callsign: G8APZ
Locator: JO01DO65
Bands: 24GHz - 3W and 33dB lens horn
Talkback: ON4KST, 07946 521386
Times: "on request" via TXT or voice, OR 'KST as and when online

[...]

Callsign: G8ACE
Locator: IO91JA Lane End & off A30 about two miles east of Stockbridge Hants
Bands: 24GHz & 122GHz
Talkback: 144.390MHz

Callsign: G4DGU
Locator: IO70OJ50
Bands: 24GHz 2W 90cm
Times: On request if anyone is active within 150km.

[...]

G4LDR

I intend to be operating portable on Sunday as follows:

Callsign: G4LDR/P
Locator: IO91**** Sites around the Salisbury, Andover, Winchester areas, TBD.
Bands: 24GHz, 1W; 76GHz 15mW, 122GHz, 0.0005mW
Talkback: 144.390MHz
Times: From 09:00UTC until PM.

Barry Lewis

Adding:
Callsign: G4SJH/P
Locator: IO91JH Cheesefoot Hd from around 09:30 then to C Gibbet IO91GI
Bands: 24GHz
Talkback: 144.390MHz, KST