9 and 6 at OHM?

militaryoperator

Are the 9 and 6Cms beacons at the same location in B'ham? only I get the peak at a different direction on 6 to 9. Might be a reflection?

Is ZME running on 6? only I can get both OHM and ZME on 9 whilst pointing at OHM but I cannot see a peep out of ZME on 6 in the same direction. My window faces East towards B'ham, Telford is through the house, direction-wise.

Ben.
Screenshot-2021-05-16-113536.png

Andy G4JNT

Yes.
On an old house that is the community centre where the club QTH is situated

On Sun, 16 May 2021 at 11:45, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Are the 9 and 6Cms beacons at the same location in B'ham? only I get the peak at a different direction on 6 to 9. Might be a reflection?

Is ZME running on 6? only I can get both OHM and ZME on 9 whilst pointing at OHM but I cannot see a peep out of ZME on 6 in the same direction. My window faces East towards B'ham, Telford is through the house, direction-wise.

Ben.
Screenshot-2021-05-16-113536.png

John Fell

Edited

Hi Ben,
ZME is running on 6cm .
Not the strongest of signals today .73
John
G0API

On Sun, 16 May 2021 at 11:45, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Are the 9 and 6Cms beacons at the same location in B'ham? only I get the peak at a different direction on 6 to 9. Might be a reflection?

Is ZME running on 6? only I can get both OHM and ZME on 9 whilst pointing at OHM but I cannot see a peep out of ZME on 6 in the same direction. My window faces East towards B'ham, Telford is through the house, direction-wise.

Ben.

militaryoperator

Yes.
On an old house that is the community centre where the club QTH is situated

Andy
--------------------

Thanks Andy. In fact, I can just see ZME, coming in and out of the noise but weaker than it is on 9.
Ben.Screenshot-2021-05-16-115244.png

militaryoperator

Hi Ben,
ZME is running on 6cm .
Not the strongest of signals today .73
John
G0API

Just popping up now and then.
Ben.

Screenshot-2021-05-16-115722.png

militaryoperator

Edited

Getting ZME via rainscatter, nice warbling note on it.

Graham G3VKV

ZME 9++ here Ben on 6cms
  Graham G3VKV

militaryoperator

ZME 9++ here Ben on 6cms
  Graham G3VKV

Gosh, I must be doing something wrong here Graham. I might as well give up !!!!! HI.

Ben

Graham G3VKV

can u hear me 10 up from ZME?

John Fell

Not seeing you Graham - try again ?

John
G0API

On Sun, 16 May 2021 at 12:12, Graham G3VKV via groups.io <g3vkv=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
can u hear me 10 up from ZME?

Graham G3VKV

Martyn G3ZME/P is on Brown Clee at the moment on 24GHZ - 59 here when he points this way

Graham G3VKV

Graham G3VKV

OK John

Graham G3VKV

off now - can hear OHM also but screened by hills - rain clouds high up now
not too good for RS

Graham

John Fell

Nothing seen here Graham - beacons still going ....

73
John
G0API
IO80XS77JR

On Sun, 16 May 2021 at 12:26, Graham G3VKV via groups.io <g3vkv=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
off now - can hear OHM also but screened by hills - rain clouds high up now
not too good for RS

Graham

Graham G3VKV

you have more rain down your end John - blanket of light cloud up here - high up
need something more solid to scatter back in your direction
Plenty of scatter on 9cms OHM here
Graham
IO81XV35

militaryoperator

can u hear me 10 up from ZME?
_._,_._,_
call s20

militaryoperator

Just shows what a dish can do.
Just tried holding it in front of ant and big signal of OHM.

John Fell

Edited

Hi Ben,
ZME now solid copy here .
Pics of my 6cm feed sharing with 10GHHz LNB on my masthead 60cm offset .
Have raised mast so dish is approx 9m agl.QTH 66m asl.

6cm feed is a Super VE4MA , with a Franco board /G4DDK modified first stage (NF 1.3dB ) into a 2 stage Mod amp ERA1 based and down to shack via 25 of Sat TV cable into my GPS refed. DB6NT Transverter .

73
John
G0API

On Sun, 16 May 2021 at 13:00, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just shows what a dish can do.
Just tried holding it in front of ant and big signal of OHM.

Nicholas Shaxted

….and the tie-wraps are there to keep the pigeons off

Nick – g4ogi

Pics of my 6cm feed sharing with 10GHHz LNB on my masthead 60cm offset .

Have raised mast so dish is approx 9m agl.QTH 66m asl.

6cm feed is a Super VE4MA , with a Franco board /G4DDK modified first stage (NF 1.3dB ) into a 2 stage Mod amp ERA1 based and down to shack via 25 of Sat TV cable into my GPS refed. DB6NT Transverter .

73

John

G0API

On Sun, 16 May 2021 at 13:00, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Just shows what a dish can do.
Just tried holding it in front of ant and big signal of OHM.

militaryoperator

Gsoh, thats a lot of cables and stuff up there, hope its secure!

Maybe a tower is not the right idea after all,  hi.