Langstone TCXO

Bob Harris

Hi,

I am in the process of building a Langstone and some initial tests show it drifts by several kHz even at 23cm.  I would like to replace the TCXO but the one usually suggested (ABRACON ASVTX-13-C-40.000-I05-T) is not available anywhere.

So, some questions:
  • can I get a ABRACON ASVTX-13-C-40.000-I05-T from somewhere?
  • is there an alternative TCXO, if so what and where from?
  • are there any other solutions to improving stability?
I'd be grateful for any ideas,

Many thanks

Bob G4APV

Steve G4HTZ

See this video for a Pluto with a Leo bodnar unit ….never tried it myself

https://youtu.be/o2IeXpsOQig

--
Steve G4HTZ
JO02GB52

also known to be active occasionally on 70cms DATV

Bob Harris

Hi Steve,

Thanks that’s a possibility but I have a Rev B without the connection point.  Also, I don’t have a Leo Bodnar unfortunately.

Thanks again,

Bob G4APV