10368.900 ...

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Right then, after a stupidly busy 10 days of work (finally finishing at 10pm last night ... ) I've actually managed to get back to the shack for a few hours this morning.

Having solved the issue with my DDK004 boards, the transverter and the beacon are now actually on frequency.

The beacon is running 100mw and pointing due south for a couple of days, should be around 10368.900, I'll be surprised if anyone other than BXD can hear it, but you never know ... it may even key my callsign from time to time.

Latitude
52.3881
Longitude
-2.3041

During the past 10 days, despite the work and being stuck in the house babysitting software for clients,  I did manage fiddle with KST2YOU ... I added the "away" feature ... and also fixed the "meep" (or "ping" in this case) so it is case insensitive, as it wasn't pinging for people who used lowercase for logins.

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti, G1YFG

Graham G3VKV

Hi Robin,
should be a good signal here in Cheltenham - turn it a bit to 162 degrees
Ben is usually 9+ with me
No sign of it yet,  only 57km you to me -  what antenna are you using on the beacon?
Can put 8W back in your direction if you want a test signal anytime

   73 Graham G3VKV

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Hi John,

Just a 20dB horn at the moment, I'll pan it around your way ...  I'll see if I can get a bit more two core wire and poke the mast up a bit. PM you when I've managed it.

I should at some point in the next few weeks have a dish and 20W available

On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 at 14:02, Graham G3VKV via groups.io <g3vkv=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Robin,
should be a good signal here in Cheltenham - turn it a bit to 162 degrees
Ben is usually 9+ with me
No sign of it yet,  only 57km you to me -  what antenna are you using on the beacon?
Can put 8W back in your direction if you want a test signal anytime

   73 Graham G3VKV

Graham G3VKV

OK  Robin  -    it's Graham
Should be strong with a 20db horn as long as you have bearing right
Can hear BXD at S9 off the Cleeve towers  4km from me as well as direct
                                         Graham