SV1AFN Boards

Chris Bartram G4DGU

Robin wrote:

In what way are the SV1AFN boards better? Phase noise? Output level?
I investigated some of the various black, green red and blue ADF5351 PCBs available from the Far East on E-bay a few years ago for an abandoned stopgap A1A transmitter for the GB3RPE beacon. They all seemed to work, in as far as they delivered power on (or around!!) the frequency I wanted, but the SV1AFN PCB had much better discrete spurious and phase noise outside (and inside) the loop bandwidth. It's design demonstrated the competence of the designer - which you couldn't say for most of the cheaper units ... You pays yer money etc...

Chris G4DGU

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Yes, I understand that people "like" the designer, but I have yet to see any actual published figures as to why it is better.

With the same settings, what where the spurii figures for the  4 different types of "far eastern" PCB and the SV1 board, I understand that it was better, but what were the actual figures?