9cms PA

DF6NA Rainer

Hi,

the 2 Toshiba and the Stealth amplifier are sold now.
Still available is my 2m - 9cm DB6NT transverter with a Toshiba as a driver
for the DL2AM 130W amplifier. I had 15m Ecoflex 15 between driver and PA.

Email me direct: df6na@...

73, Rainer

Am 06.06.2021 um 19:11 schrieb DF6NA Rainer:

Hi Ed,

I have 2 new Toshiba UM2683A PA's (50W), a Stealth Microwave SM3436-43 (20W) and a DL2AM 130W amp for sale.
The DL2AM amp needs more drive than you have but the others need less than a mW for full output.

If you are interested make an offer !

vy 73, Rainer

Am 06.06.2021 um 18:49 schrieb Ed G3VPF:
I have the SG-Labs transverter for 9cms but would like to add a PA to up the power about 20dB. Searching the internet does not give any sources of a suitable unit. Kuhne appear to have abandoned the band and could find no-one currently offering the Ionica units.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a suitable power amplifier that is readily available and doesn't weigh a ton (I need it for/P work).

Ed G3VPF

Mike Willis

There were hundreds of 20W 9cms PAs doing the rounds at rallies three or four years ago. They were made by Stealth Microwave and run off 12V and were selling for quite low prices. Dealers couldn't sell them, I think quite a few were bought for their attractive purple heatsinks. They came in  a box with two and a PSU and diplexers that make good filters typically £25 or less.

It won't help to point out you should have got one while they were cheap but on the plus side, there are probably a lot of them still about.

While you look, there are also 50W models of that PA and some 15W HP amplifiers which were more efficient. The gain is about 50 dB so you will need an attenuator.

Mike

--
Mike G0MJW

Ed G3VPF

Oops, sorry about the typo, I meant 10dB gain rather than 20dB, that would be excessive for /P use!

[...]

DD1US

Hi Ed,

I guess this will be difficult to find. To amplify the 3W by 20dB means you are looking for a 300W PA for the 9cm band.

Kind regards

Matthias

www.dd1us.de