Activity List for the UK Microwave Group 5.7GHz and 10GHz Contests - Sunday 30th May

John Quarmby

The first of the summer series of UKuG 5.7GHz and 10GHz contests takes place this Sunday, 30th May.

Stations can enter for a maximum operating period of 8 hours between 0600z and 1800z (0700 - 1900BST).

Full rules are here: https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

The signs are that the weather might be better by then so I hope more can get out portable.

As usual I will compile an activity list and circulate it on Saturday 29th May, please post your plans in the usual format by 28th May:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 60cm dish
             10GHz 10W 60cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and Zello
Times: Various throughout

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

militaryoperator

Callsign: G4BXD
Locator:  IO82UJ
Bands:    5.7GHz not finished it yet!!
               10GHz 5W 46cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and Zello
Times: Various throughout

Dave G1EHF

Planning to be active on Sunday:

Callsign: G1EHF/P
Locator: IO91GI44
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 1.1m dish
Talkback: ON4KST and 144.390
Times: 10am BST onwards

Barry, G4SJH/P will be providing 3cm.

Hope to work a few of you.

73, Dave G1EHF

John Lemay

Hello John and all

I plan to be QRV:-

Callsign: G4ZTR
Locator: JO01KW
Band: 10GHz, 10w, 1m dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: 08:00 onwards

Regards

John G4ZTR

The first of the summer series of UKuG 5.7GHz and 10GHz contests takes
place this Sunday, 30th May.

Stations can enter for a maximum operating period of 8 hours between
0600z and 1800z (0700 - 1900BST).

Full rules are here: https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

The signs are that the weather might be better by then so I hope more
can get out portable.

As usual I will compile an activity list and circulate it on Saturday
29th May, please post your plans in the usual format by 28th May:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 60cm dish
10GHz 10W 60cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and Zello
Times: Various throughout

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

G1DFL

Forecast looks to be a fabulous 21C :)

Callsign: G1DFL/P
Locator:  IO91LT
Bands:    5.7GHz 60cm PF Dish, 5W
              10GHz 60cm Offset Dish, 1W
Talkback: 144.390MHz SSB, KST, Zello, 07713 432632
Times:     Approx 10am to 2pm

I can also take 6cm WBFM (2W) if anyone wants to play/test with their FPV gear.

Regards..Pete
G1DFL

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

On 24/05/2021 22:05, John Quarmby via groups.io wrote:
The first of the summer series of UKuG 5.7GHz and 10GHz contests takes place this Sunday, 30th May.
Callsign: GM4DIJ/P
Locator: IO74MT
I may alter the location depending on who is out.
Bands: 10GHz 2W 60cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST

Times: After 1pm BST

--
Brian

Martyn G3UKV

Callsign: G3ZME/P
Locator: IO82QL
Band: 10GHz 8W
Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390MHz SSB, Zello
Times: Most of day

Callsign: G6ZME/P
Locator: IO82QL
Band: 5.7GHz 15W
Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390MHz SSB, Zello
Times: Most of day

73 Martyn G3UKV

[...]

steve G1PPA

Hi all
Plan to be out Sunday 12:4ish testing some different kit
Callsign: G1PPA/P
Locator: IO93RI
Band: 10GHz
ON4KST
Time : From around 12 to 4

On Fri, 28 May 2021 at 19:18, Martyn G3UKV
<ukv@...> wrote:
[...]

Gordon GI6ATZ

Hi John

i hope to be out portable on 10GHz on Sunday morning.

Callsign: GI6ATZ/P
Locator:  IO74AI
Bands:  10GHz 2W 50cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Approx 10 - 13 local

Gordon
GI6ATZ

Maarten PA0MHE

Hello All,

I hope to  test my bare homemade 10GHz transverter, so only 200mW.
Apart from some experiments 45 years ago with 2K25 and gunndiodes, this will be my first real 10GHz entrance and hopefully first QSO...........

Callsign: ON/PA0MHE
Locator: JO11PF
Bands: 10GHz 200mW 0.6m dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various throughout

John Quarmby

Thanks for your inputs - here is the activity list for tomorrow's UKuG 5.7GHz and 10GHz contests. Rules are here:

https://www.microwavers.org/files/2021-mwrules.pdf

The weather looks like being kind, with sunscreen the order of the day. You never know, perhaps there might even be some tropo to liven things up.

[...]

Takback: ON4KST
Time : From around 12 to 4

Callsign: GI6ATZ/P
Locator:  IO74AI
Bands:  10GHz 2W 50cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Approx 10 - 13 local

Callsign: ON/PA0MHE
Locator: JO11PF
Bands: 10GHz 200mW 0.6m dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various throughout

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 60cm dish
             10GHz 10W 60cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and Zello
Times: Mainly Morning

73

John G3XDY

UKuG Contest Manager

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

On 28/05/2021 20:51, Gordon GI6ATZ via groups.io wrote:
Hi John
i hope to be out portable on 10GHz on Sunday morning.
Callsign: GI6ATZ/P
Locator:  IO74AI
Bands:  10GHz 2W 50cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Approx 10 - 13 local
Gordon
GI6ATZ
I take it you'll be up the top of Sleive Croob?

I'm not LOS from this side at IO74MT or MU, but could set up at Portpatrick IO74KU61 or Port Logan IO74MR54. I could get over for about 11am local.

Now if you could drum up a couple of other GIs ...

Brian GM4DIJ

--
Brian

geoffrey pike

Would love to but family things get the priority these days on Sundays but any other day is just fine
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Saturday, 29 May 2021, 19:03:42 BST, Brian Howie GM4DIJ <brian@...> wrote:

On 28/05/2021 20:51, Gordon GI6ATZ via groups.io wrote:
> Hi John
>
> i hope to be out portable on 10GHz on Sunday morning.
>
> Callsign: GI6ATZ/P
> Locator:  IO74AI
> Bands:  10GHz 2W 50cm dish
> Talkback: ON4KST
> Times: Approx 10 - 13 local
>
> Gordon
> GI6ATZ

I take it you'll be up the top of Sleive Croob?

I'm not LOS from this side at IO74MT or MU, but could set up at
Portpatrick IO74KU61 or Port Logan IO74MR54. I could get over for about
11am local.

Now if you could drum up a couple of other GIs ...

Brian GM4DIJ

--
Brian

Gordon GI6ATZ

Hi Brian

I’ll be at Hamilton’s Folly which is just below Sl
Croob - it’s too hard to get access to Croob these days

GordonGI6ATZ

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

On 29/05/2021 23:48, Gordon GI6ATZ via groups.io wrote:
Hi Brian
I’ll be at Hamilton’s Folly which is just below Sl
Croob - it’s too hard to get access to Croob these days
GordonGI6ATZ
Hi Gordon,

Do you have an 8 character locator or long/latitude ? I can't spot it on any maps , all I get is stuff about a car rally.

Tnx Brian GM4DIJ

--
Brian

G8IKP

At Hardy's monument just set up on 10ghz