10 MHz Reference Distribution Amplifier

Norman Stewart

Anyone had success with either of these or similar items for distributing a 10 MHz reference signal to multiple equipment?

LiNKFOR SDI Splitter 1 x 4 with Certified Power Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

#N/A 4 Way BNC Composite Video Splitter BNC Interface: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Norman Stewart GM1CNH

Andy G4JNT

As they are splitters for digital signals, I'd imagine they regenerate and do all sort of things with the input.  All you want for 10MHz is a split with some linear gain.

(Had to Google SDi to find what it was, tho.)

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 at 16:56, Norman Stewart via groups.io <jacobite=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anyone had success with either of these or similar items for distributing a 10 MHz reference signal to multiple equipment?

LiNKFOR SDI Splitter 1 x 4 with Certified Power Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

#N/A 4 Way BNC Composite Video Splitter BNC Interface: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Norman Stewart GM1CNH

ian hope (2E0IJH)

I use one of these, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10Mhz-OCXO-Benchmark-Frequency-Divider-8-Port-Output-Distribution-Amplifier/303909976834?hash=item46c2723b02:g:Ua4AAOSw4BVgQuyt

Ian
M5IJH

Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 4:55 PM
From: "Norman Stewart via groups.io" <jacobite@...>
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] 10 MHz Reference Distribution Amplifier
Anyone had success with either of these or similar items for distributing a 10 MHz reference signal to multiple equipment?

LiNKFOR SDI Splitter 1 x 4 with Certified Power Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

#N/A 4 Way BNC Composite Video Splitter BNC Interface: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Norman Stewart GM1CNH

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

" As they are splitters for digital signals"  Umm ... the "composite video" ones are analogue, very analogue, unity gain.  In theory they will be 75 Ohm ... whether they go up to 10MHz no clue, composite video only normally goes up to 5MHz, but composite video is very much a plain old analogue thing, not a digital thing.

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 at 17:03, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
As they are splitters for digital signals, I'd imagine they regenerate and do all sort of things with the input.  All you want for 10MHz is a split with some linear gain.

(Had to Google SDi to find what it was, tho.)

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 at 16:56, Norman Stewart via groups.io <jacobite=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Anyone had success with either of these or similar items for distributing a 10 MHz reference signal to multiple equipment?

LiNKFOR SDI Splitter 1 x 4 with Certified Power Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

#N/A 4 Way BNC Composite Video Splitter BNC Interface: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Norman Stewart GM1CNH

John Lemay

There’s also 4 and 10 way buffers from DF9NP:-

http://www.df9np.de/page4.html

Happy with mine.

John G4ZTR

Anyone had success with either of these or similar items for distributing a 10 MHz reference signal to multiple equipment?

LiNKFOR SDI Splitter 1 x 4 with Certified Power Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

#N/A 4 Way BNC Composite Video Splitter BNC Interface: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Norman Stewart GM1CNH

Andy G4JNT

AH. didn't spot the second line for the analogue splitter.   It's a lot cheaper too

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 at 17:15, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:
[...]

Alan Melia

At the bottom of the Amazon item in the notes it says ''not suitable for RF'' !!

Alan
G3NYK

[...]

Dave (G1OGY)

Wouldn't touch 'em.

You could do worse than taking a look at DF9NP's offerings.
4-way and 10-way (built) boards that once you've got it in a box will run
off your shack PSU without recourse to strange wall warts or unusual voltages.
<http://www.df9np.de/page4.html> (scroll down)

Dave, G1OGY

Dave, G1OGY

On Sun, 21 Mar 2021 at 16:56, Norman Stewart via groups.io
<jacobite=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Anyone had success with either of these or similar items for distributing a 10 MHz reference signal to multiple equipment?

LiNKFOR SDI Splitter 1 x 4 with Certified Power Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

#N/A 4 Way BNC Composite Video Splitter BNC Interface: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Norman Stewart GM1CNH

Jules - M0UGA

SV1AFN also does a nice one. Just like everything from him it's beautifully made although not necessarily the cheapest.

www.sv1afn.com

www.sv1afn.com/en/gnss-gps/10-mhz-distribution-amplifier.html

Colin Ranson

At 10 MHzI have used the G4HUP Distribution amplifier in the past and now I use a Mini-circuits ZFSC splitter, unused SMA outputs  terminated with 50ohm.

De G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

SV1AFN also does a nice one. Just like everything from him it's beautifully made although not necessarily the cheapest.

www.sv1afn.com

www.sv1afn.com/en/gnss-gps/10-mhz-distribution-amplifier.html

Andy G4JNT

I built one using high speed op-amps