How to decode JT4G #10ghz

Maarten PA0MHE

Finally my first ever JT4G decode:

Only 170Km but often relative weak here at my location ?

Still I consider the PI4 SW of from Bo OZ2M, much easier for beacon spotting, unfortunate no JT4G decode.

Thanks all, Maarten PA0MHE

Maarten PA0MHE

Thanks

On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 10:44 AM Jeremy Harmer via groups.io <m6igp=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
You need to check  ‘Enable VHF and submode features’ under Settings (File -> Settings)

Jeremy
M0RVB

> On 18 Sep 2021, at 09:41, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@...> wrote:
>
> I can receive GB3PKT again, but again fighting with WSJT-X to decode JT4 submode G; I don't find the submenu ???
> <dummyfile.0.part>
>

> Any idea ?

Andy G4JNT

It's all described in the manual
File - Settings - then under 'Behavior', tick the box "Enable VHF and submode features"

On Sat, 18 Sept 2021 at 09:41, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@...> wrote:
I can receive GB3PKT again, but again fighting with WSJT-X to decode JT4 submode G; I don't find the submenu ???

Any idea ?

Jeremy Harmer

On 18 Sep 2021, at 09:41, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@gmail.com> wrote:

I can receive GB3PKT again, but again fighting with WSJT-X to decode JT4 submode G; I don't find the submenu ???
<dummyfile.0.part>

Any idea ?

Maarten PA0MHE

I can receive GB3PKT again, but again fighting with WSJT-X to decode JT4 submode G; I don't find the submenu ???

Any idea ?

Maarten PA0MHE

Found, thanks all

Andy G4JNT

Use the up/down arrows on the Submode box.   Slightly bottom right of the centre

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 10:44, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@...> wrote:
Thanks Andy,

Sorry for my ignorance, but then my questions should be: How to select a "Submode"

Tom GM8MJV

Maarten

Down by the ’Submode A’ field  there are two up/down arrows - click them.

This will list all the sub-mode - select G

Tom
GM8MJV

On 8 Mar 2021, at 10:44, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@...> wrote:

Thanks Andy,

Sorry for my ignorance, but then my questions should be: How to select a "Submode"

Maarten PA0MHE

Thanks Andy,

Sorry for my ignorance, but then my questions should be: How to select a "Submode"

Andy G4JNT

I don't know what you mean by "JT4G A" indication

The mode is JT4, submodes A - G
so you have JT4A, JT4B...JT4G.    The microwave beacons use JT4G

So just select G in the pulldown menu.

image.png

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 09:07, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@...> wrote:
The tick setting "Enable VHF and Submode Features" was already done. So does this mean WJST-X v2.4.0-rc1 now already can decode JT4G despite the JT4G A indication ?

Maarten PA0MHE

The tick setting "Enable VHF and Submode Features" was already done. So does this mean WJST-X v2.4.0-rc1 now already can decode JT4G despite the JT4G A indication ?

Maarten PA0MHE

Thanks Andy
73's Maarten

Andy G4JNT

Go into  files-settings  and tick the box "Enable VHF and Submode Features"

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 at 07:35, Maarten PA0MHE <maarten.heuvelman@...> wrote:
I'm trying to decode the GB3PKT beacon on 10GHz which I can receive weakly. However my WJST-X only knows JT4G-A.
Is there a difference and if Yes, how to setup decoding ?
--

Maarten PA0MHE