PMI Isolator

Paul G8AQA

This link shows someone's tracking generator incorporating such a device

https://www.qsl.net/n9zia/tracking/index.html

The key to success in making a tracking generator with good dynamic range is to isolate the spec an SALO

output from the mixer.  In the absence of a PMI it can be done with amplifiers and attenuators.

http://www.ke5fx.com/tg8566.html

http://www.kerrywong.com/2016/01/10/building-a-tracking-generator/

http://www.rollanet.org/~joeh/projects/TG_for_the_HP8566B.pdf

The PMI I have for my TG is HP P/N 0960-0638.  I hope it will be ok.

Paul G8AQA

On 31/01/2021 13:08, Glyn M0XGT wrote:
On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 12:32 PM, Andy G4JNT wrote:
 "Peripheral Mode Isolator"
Some useful info here:
http://www.dd1us.de/Downloads/Peripheral%20Mode%20Isolator%20WMI%20PMI-4444-2%20rev2.pdf

Glyn

Glyn M0XGT

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 12:32 PM, Andy G4JNT wrote:
 "Peripheral Mode Isolator"
Some useful info here:
http://www.dd1us.de/Downloads/Peripheral%20Mode%20Isolator%20WMI%20PMI-4444-2%20rev2.pdf

Glyn

Andy G4JNT

One of the components recovered from the old Eaton Spec an last year is a PMI-5074 "Peripheral Mode Isolator"
It was used in the YIG LO feed to the frequency locking circuitry, and is described in the manual as a "40dB" unit.   It covers the 2-4GHz LO range.

40dB, if that's the return S12 / S22 figure is pretty good, nay, very good.

Does anyone know what is meant by "Peripheral Mode" in this context?  T'Internet is not at-all helpful, although does tell me it has a certain intrinsic value in dollars !