From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2021 3:18 AM
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] ************* Brexit

Hi Mark,

Send me an email and Ill see what I can do.

I have to say though I waited 4 weeks for some items to clear VK land before they finally got send to ZL.

That was a while ago so maybe better now.

73

Roger ZL3RC

On 31/01/2021, at 11:34 PM, G8ZHA via groups.io <g8zha-1@...> wrote:

I have just sent an email to Mini-kits in VK, enquiring about a couple of PCBs and received this reply:

Sorry we can no longer ship to the UK due to changes to your tax system.

regards mark

Mini-Kits

P.O. Box 686

Prospect East

South Australia 5082

Ph 0419826666  Business hours only

Fax 08 82610079

Roger

Hi Mark,
Send me an email and Ill see what I can do.
I have to say though I waited 4 weeks for some items to clear VK land before they finally got send to ZL.
That was a while ago so maybe better now.

73

Roger ZL3RC

On 31/01/2021, at 11:34 PM, G8ZHA via groups.io <g8zha-1@...> wrote:

I have just sent an email to Mini-kits in VK, enquiring about a couple of PCBs and received this reply:

Sorry we can no longer ship to the UK due to changes to your tax system.

regards mark

Mini-Kits
P.O. Box 686
Prospect East
South Australia 5082
Ph 0419826666  Business hours only
Fax 08 82610079

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

As Andy said, this is NOT a Brexit thing.

We have done it 6 months earlier than the "rest" of the EU, but even if we had remained in the EU, would would be implementing these same changes in July.  We've just gone off 6 months earlier than everyone else, that's all.

Personally, as a UK manufacturer, having to compete with foreign imports that were 20% cheaper purely because of VAT avoidance was a pain and I welcome the change even if it will cause me a few personal difficulties.

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 at 11:02, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
Maybe Mini-kits can be persuaded to take the path of least resistance, make a pact with the devil and sell via eBay, who will deal with the VAT on his behalf under the global shipping program.  We end up paying even more of course, but it might be slightly less pain for small vendors.  Quite a few smallish sellers do seem to have registered for UK VAT, or at least are charging it now. Perhaps when the VAT rules change in EU, other small suppliers will get set up for that and do the admin for the UK one at the same time and charge a fee for doing it. Better the cash goes to them than to the “we are only a platform so we don’t make any money in your jurisdiction and don’t pay local taxes” marketplaces.
Neil G4DBN

On 31 Jan 2021, at 10:48, Andy <mm0fmf@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Andy

On 31/01/2021 10:38, Andy G4JNT wrote:
SO why not some enterprising VK  buy on your behalf - add a bit on for the trouble and send as a private transaction.
Discuss...
Andy
www.g4jnt.com <http://www.g4jnt.com>
The reason for the VAT changes are given as

Who will benefit from this proposal?

Businesses will benefit from a substantial reduction in cross-border VAT compliance costs. This will facilitate greater cross-border trade.

EU Businesses will be able to compete on equal footing with non-EU businesses that are not charging VAT.

Member States will gain through an increase in VAT revenues of EUR 7 billion annually.

The first point Robin has already alluded to.

The last point shows how much un-taxed stuff was coming in to the EU. I don't know what the missing UK VAT proportion was but probably a fair chunk of that figure.

In this case, Mini-kits can mark the item as a gift and the recipient pays the right tax to the PO when it arrives in the UK and is delivered. Nothing dodgy, the tax gets collected even if it's not a gift.

Andy

[...]

Andy G4JNT

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 at 10:35, G8ZHA via groups.io <g8zha-1=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I have just sent an email to Mini-kits in VK, enquiring about a couple of PCBs and received this reply:

Sorry we can no longer ship to the UK due to changes to your tax system.

https://www.minikits.com.au/delivery-information#international

regards mark

Mini-Kits

P.O. Box 686

Prospect East

South Australia 5082

www.minikits.com.au

Ph 0419826666  Business hours only

Fax 08 82610079

DF6NA Rainer

That's the great advatntage you now have not being in the EU !

Am 31.01.2021 um 11:34 schrieb G8ZHA via groups.io:

I have just sent an email to Mini-kits in VK, enquiring about a couple of PCBs and received this reply:

Sorry we can no longer ship to the UK due to changes to your tax system.

https://www.minikits.com.au/delivery-information#international

regards mark

Mini-Kits

P.O. Box 686