From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Julian - M0UGA via groups.io <m0uga.uk@...>
Sent: 18 January 2021 06:13
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Airscout problems.....help!

Hello Conrad,

To keep the Airscout window on top of any other window use a little utility called "Always on Top"

Either Google it or download direct here:- https://www.labnol.org/files/always-on-top.zip

After virus scanning etc run the utility.

Now when the Airscout window is open and the Always on Top utility is running, simply click the Airscout window's title bar to bring the focus to it and then on your keyboard press Ctrl and the spacebar together at the same time. The Airscout window will now overlay any other window that is opened but can still be minimised or closed as required.

Regarding SDRC depending on the version you are running (latest?) try reverting to v3.0.24 and try your system again. I had a similar problem on an older machine when Simon released v3.0.25.

Do not fear, you won't lose any saved memories, markers or settings by doing so.

I'm sure these two solutions will solve your problem.

GL

Jules - M0UGA

[...]

Conrad, PA5Y

In the past I have happily run Airscout and SDR console on the same 64bit Windows 10 PC. I tried to use it last night and I observed 2 things.

  1. Airscout would not stay on top, it just kept minimising rendering it useless
  2. The graphics of SDR console were stuttering when Airscout was running.
The PC is not in the least bit stressed and I have an CUDA Nvidia graphics card which is utilised by SDR console. I do not know what has happened. It was working last week and I do not recall any windows updates. Has anyone else observed this behaviour with airscout? I am using V1.3.3.0 of airscout.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y