Topics

[Scatterpoint] File /SP2012-A4.pdf uploaded #file-notice

G4LDR

Hello Ben,

This is not new. It has been in place since the MoD had to relocate some of their systems into the region around 2320MHz (we share much of the 13cm band with the MoD and they used to use parts we did not use until more spectrum was required by the mobile phone companies meaning the MoD had to move frequencies).

Details are required so that an amateur operator who causes interference to the MoD can be contacted quickly by OFCOM.

I live only a few km from Boscombe Down in Wiltshire and I have to comply with additional restrictions such that from May to October inclusive I can not operate on the 13cm band between sunrise and sunset on 'office' days, which for example means I miss up to the first hour and a half of the Tuesday UKAC SHF (13cm) contest.

73 Neil G4LDR

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

In message <77935502.1221195.1610471275234@mail.yahoo.com>, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> writes
 and to take part on 2320MHz that they must register their station with
Ofcom by emailing pssramateurs@ofcom.org.uk to provide the following
information: 1. Name 2. Address 3. Call sign 4. Location of use 5.
Frequency range used 6. Type of use 7. Regularity of use (e.g. evenings
and weekends; 24/7; occasional) 8. Transmit power (ie. EIRP) .

Is this new?   I knew about NOV for 2300 but we need to tell Ofcom for
2320 as well?

whats 6?  type of use?

Ben.
Yes we do, but it's not an NOV. I've had to do it for home location, my /A and /P locations in IO74. For 6 I put down "microwave propagation experiments".

It causes a bit of a problem for the SOTA 13cm enthusiasts with all the sites involved.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

G0FCU

 and to take part on 2320MHz that they must register their station with Ofcom by emailing pssramateurs@... to provide the following information: 1. Name 2. Address 3. Call sign 4. Location of use 5. Frequency range used 6. Type of use 7. Regularity of use (e.g. evenings and weekends; 24/7; occasional) 8. Transmit power (ie. EIRP) .