On 9cms now, if anyone is free

SAM JEWELL

Thanks Brian,
I guess from your portable site there may be a chance of us working on 9cm.
I don't recall working any GMs when I was previously on 9cm. I should check my log!

73 de Sam

On 7 Dec 2020, at 21:44, Brian Howie GM4DIJ <brian@b-howie.co.uk> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 07:01 PM, SAM JEWELL wrote

Brian, Gregory, et al
How many unique stations (#) have you worked on the band
Hi Sam,

3 total. GM4BYF,GM8MJV, and GM4JTJ. Jon in Montrose is my best dx at 90km. He's a difficult path and I have to bounce the signal off possibly a large radio mast to the south; I also have to do that on all the bands 70MHz all the way up to 9cm. I can hear GB3CSB on 9cm at about -14dB most of the time at 48km even though I'm well out of its beam and not LOS. I'd been hoping to get out /P near my holiday location in IO74, which has a good sea path to North Wales, but covid put paid to that this year.

Brian GM4DIJ

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 07:01 PM, SAM JEWELL wrote:

Brian, Gregory, et al
How many unique stations (#) have you worked on the band
Hi Sam,

3 total. GM4BYF,GM8MJV, and GM4JTJ. Jon in Montrose is my best dx at 90km. He's a difficult path and I have to bounce the signal off possibly a large radio mast to the south; I also have to do that on all the bands 70MHz all the way up to 9cm. I can hear GB3CSB on 9cm at about -14dB most of the time at 48km even though I'm well out of its beam and not LOS. I'd been hoping to get out /P near my holiday location in IO74, which has a good sea path to North Wales, but covid put paid to that this year.

Brian GM4DIJ

Graham G3VKV

Hi Nick,
Can put 50W to a 20dB antenna your way nest time you are out portable - good path up to you
from Gloucestershire
Graham G3VKV

SAM JEWELL

Thanks Nick,
Always a good start!

I am quite looking forward to getting back on the band!
Hopefully we will have a QSO, soon.

73 de Sam

On 7 Dec 2020, at 20:38, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io <nickg0hik@...> wrote:

Hi Sam,

A lot of my activity is from SOTA's so I'm more than happy to work anyone as many times as I can.

Only one Initial for me so far, GD1MIP.

Nick G0HIK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHdx4LVAd8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-TeWgRw08

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Hi Sam,

A lot of my activity is from SOTA's so I'm more than happy to work anyone as many times as I can.

Only one Initial for me so far, GD1MIP.

Nick G0HIK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHdx4LVAd8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-TeWgRw08

SAM JEWELL

Brian, Gregory, et al
How many unique stations (#) have you worked on the band?
With so few (relatively speaking) stations active on 9cm, a situation somewhat similar to EME exists. Instead of dxcc or VUCC, it becomes as meaningful to collect initials (#).
The danger is that once worked you don't want to work them again.
I am sure microwavers would never fall into that trap....
Just a suggestion.
Worth some further discussion?

73 de Sam, G4DDK

On 7 Dec 2020, at 17:56, Brian Howie GM4DIJ <brian@b-howie.co.uk> wrote:

In message <wPLA.1607344386543257068.STM2@groups.io>, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io <nickg0hik=googlemail.com@groups.io> writes
As per the title, just worked GD1MIP and just wondering if anyone else
is around.
G0HIK/P IO84
Well done. I've 9cm set up here in Edinburgh, but working down to your parts on 2W would be a bit optimistic. I can now hear GB3CSB on 9cm again after the damp weather and snow. Both the 9cm and 13cm beacons vanished . 13cm seems to be worse affected.

I'm keeping the dish for 9cm up for a few months if anyone local wants to play.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

In message <wPLA.1607344386543257068.STM2@groups.io>, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io <nickg0hik=googlemail.com@groups.io> writes
As per the title, just worked GD1MIP and just wondering if anyone else
is around.
G0HIK/P IO84
Well done. I've 9cm set up here in Edinburgh, but working down to your parts on 2W would be a bit optimistic. I can now hear GB3CSB on 9cm again after the damp weather and snow. Both the 9cm and 13cm beacons vanished . 13cm seems to be worse affected.

I'm keeping the dish for 9cm up for a few months if anyone local wants to play.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

SAM JEWELL

excellent!

I look forward to a QSO with both of you in due course.

73 de Sam, G4DDK