On 9cms now, if anyone is free

SAM JEWELL

Thanks Brian,
I guess from your portable site there may be a chance of us working on 9cm.
I don't recall working any GMs when I was previously on 9cm. I should check my log!

73 de Sam

On 7 Dec 2020, at 21:44, Brian Howie GM4DIJ <brian@b-howie.co.uk> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 07:01 PM, SAM JEWELL wrote

Brian, Gregory, et al
How many unique stations (#) have you worked on the band
Hi Sam,

3 total. GM4BYF,GM8MJV, and GM4JTJ. Jon in Montrose is my best dx at 90km. He's a difficult path and I have to bounce the signal off possibly a large radio mast to the south; I also have to do that on all the bands 70MHz all the way up to 9cm. I can hear GB3CSB on 9cm at about -14dB most of the time at 48km even though I'm well out of its beam and not LOS. I'd been hoping to get out /P near my holiday location in IO74, which has a good sea path to North Wales, but covid put paid to that this year.

Brian GM4DIJ

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 07:01 PM, SAM JEWELL wrote:

Brian, Gregory, et al
How many unique stations (#) have you worked on the band
Hi Sam,

3 total. GM4BYF,GM8MJV, and GM4JTJ. Jon in Montrose is my best dx at 90km. He's a difficult path and I have to bounce the signal off possibly a large radio mast to the south; I also have to do that on all the bands 70MHz all the way up to 9cm. I can hear GB3CSB on 9cm at about -14dB most of the time at 48km even though I'm well out of its beam and not LOS. I'd been hoping to get out /P near my holiday location in IO74, which has a good sea path to North Wales, but covid put paid to that this year.

Brian GM4DIJ

Graham G3VKV

Hi Nick,
Can put 50W to a 20dB antenna your way nest time you are out portable - good path up to you
from Gloucestershire
Graham G3VKV

SAM JEWELL

Thanks Nick,
Always a good start!

I am quite looking forward to getting back on the band!
Hopefully we will have a QSO, soon.

73 de Sam

On 7 Dec 2020, at 20:38, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io <nickg0hik@...> wrote:

Hi Sam,

A lot of my activity is from SOTA's so I'm more than happy to work anyone as many times as I can.

Only one Initial for me so far, GD1MIP.

Nick G0HIK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHdx4LVAd8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-TeWgRw08

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Hi Sam,

A lot of my activity is from SOTA's so I'm more than happy to work anyone as many times as I can.

Only one Initial for me so far, GD1MIP.

Nick G0HIK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHdx4LVAd8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-TeWgRw08

SAM JEWELL

Brian, Gregory, et al
How many unique stations (#) have you worked on the band?
With so few (relatively speaking) stations active on 9cm, a situation somewhat similar to EME exists. Instead of dxcc or VUCC, it becomes as meaningful to collect initials (#).
The danger is that once worked you don't want to work them again.
I am sure microwavers would never fall into that trap....
Just a suggestion.
Worth some further discussion?

73 de Sam, G4DDK

On 7 Dec 2020, at 17:56, Brian Howie GM4DIJ <brian@b-howie.co.uk> wrote:

In message <wPLA.1607344386543257068.STM2@groups.io>, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io <nickg0hik=googlemail.com@groups.io> writes
As per the title, just worked GD1MIP and just wondering if anyone else
is around.
G0HIK/P IO84
Well done. I've 9cm set up here in Edinburgh, but working down to your parts on 2W would be a bit optimistic. I can now hear GB3CSB on 9cm again after the damp weather and snow. Both the 9cm and 13cm beacons vanished . 13cm seems to be worse affected.

I'm keeping the dish for 9cm up for a few months if anyone local wants to play.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

In message <wPLA.1607344386543257068.STM2@groups.io>, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io <nickg0hik=googlemail.com@groups.io> writes
As per the title, just worked GD1MIP and just wondering if anyone else
is around.
G0HIK/P IO84
Well done. I've 9cm set up here in Edinburgh, but working down to your parts on 2W would be a bit optimistic. I can now hear GB3CSB on 9cm again after the damp weather and snow. Both the 9cm and 13cm beacons vanished . 13cm seems to be worse affected.

I'm keeping the dish for 9cm up for a few months if anyone local wants to play.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

SAM JEWELL

excellent!

I look forward to a QSO with both of you in due course.

73 de Sam, G4DDK

------ Original Message ------
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Sent: Monday, 7 Dec, 20 At 15:23
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] On 9cms now, if anyone is free

I'm still celebrating.

Andy GD1MIP

Andy GD1MIP

I'm still celebrating. 

Andy GD1MIP 

Nick Gregory G0HIK

As per the title, just worked GD1MIP and just wondering if anyone else is around.

G0HIK/P IO84