Mere 23cm beacon?

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

USK ... I can't seem to hear it ... is it off?

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.

Martin Phillips G4CIO

It only works in daylight hours.

On 5/12/20 6:21 PM, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG wrote:
USK ... I can't seem to hear it ... is it off?

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.

I couldn't hear it at 2pm either ... is it solar powered?  Maybe today was just too dull?

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 at 20:41, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:
[...]

Ta, noted.  I'm going to assume it was just off then and I don't have to panic about my receiver.

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 at 20:56, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:

[...]

John Lemay

Robin

You can take a look at beaconspot.uk. Plenty of info on all the beacons everywhere. If a beacon has an outage, there is a facility for the beacon-keeper to insert relevant details. It’s also really useful for those beacons that are not frequency locked because you can see the official frequency plus where they have wandered to at the most recent spot.

John G4ZTR

USK ... I can't seem to hear it ... is it off?

--

Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.

Hi John,

I shall register ... I always assumed it was the same info as https://www.microwavers.org/maps/23cms.htm  as they looked similar.

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 at 21:32, John Lemay <john@...> wrote:

[...]

Graham G3TCT

GB3USK is indeed off at the moment, don't panic! It is solar powered. The combination of short days, 8/8 cloud and reduced battery capacity at low temperatures means the months of December and January are difficult. It will re-appear from time to time during this period, but rather unreliable.

Good to know it's useful when it's on though! It was a good signal on the Gerbrandy websdr last Sunday.

73
Graham

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Its the only 23cm beacon I can hear normally!   Considering I am off the back of the dish ...

On Sun, 6 Dec 2020 at 10:05, Graham G3TCT <g3tct@...> wrote:
GB3USK is indeed off at the moment, don't panic!  It is solar powered.
The combination of short days, 8/8 cloud and reduced battery capacity at
low temperatures means the months of December and January are
difficult.  It will re-appear from time to time during this period, but
rather unreliable.

Good to know it's useful when it's on though!  It was a good signal on
the Gerbrandy websdr last Sunday.

73
Graham

Murray Niman

For info the static maps on microwavers.org are what are licensed (though may not be great for operational state) and tie up closely with the official data/coordinates on ETCC ukrepeaters.net

Whereas beaconspot very usefully filters current spot reports (but may not have precise source/keeper data; and can inadvertently omit/include a few extra systems)

Most UK beacons completed their 3yr NoV renewals earlier this year (or were removed if expired), so the RSGB-ETCC licensing info is in a pretty good state. Covid has been hampering site access for some though, so bear that in mind

73

   Murray G6JYB

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Noted.   I may include a "beacons" layer in the mapping on my KST variant.   It would be nice if either of those sites provided beacon data in JSON format,  would save scraping it.