3.4G

Colin Ranson

A lovely wet afternoon to all !

If, and only if, I manage to get both my 3.7 -4.2GHz 25w amplifiers hackling on 3.4GHz, whats the possibility of acquiring a pair of Quadrature Hybrid  (Branch Line Coupler) – I appreciate these would have to be on Rogers PCB etc.

Is there any other way of conjoining two identical amplifiers ?

If it looks too difficult I’ll just stick with the simplicity of one amplifier.

Like a few others I’m expecting an early Xmas present from Bulgaria.

Best regards to all from the lock-down shack of G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Nigel G8IFN

Hi Colin
I guess your 9cm transverter is in the Post.
Mine left Bulgaria in the early hours of Monday morning waiting for the tracking to show that it has arrived in the UK.
--
Nigel G8IFN

Colin Ranson

Hi Nigel,

Good luck with yours, Hristiyan has apparently sold a lot of these, lets hope the band now gets a lot of use, give OFCOM something to think about.

Yes, it left Sofia, got to Hungary, then to the Czech Republic, hopefully by now its making its way across Germany by DPD.

I have a 73ele Quad loop Yagi already made but not yet optimised.

Best regards

Colin de G8LBS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I guess your 9cm transverter is in the Post.
Mine left Bulgaria in the early hours of Monday morning waiting for the tracking to show that it has arrived in the UK.
--
Nigel G8IFN

Colin
You don't need a high power unit for the input at the ~1mW level! I think I can provide a small 3.7GHz 3dBcoupler (not connectorised)  if required and/or an SMA phase adjuster.
Ken

SAM JEWELL

I guess yours, like mine, has reached Hungary and is now stuck there with Speedy saying there are road holdups across Europe because of Covid.
Might get here by Christmas.
Air might have been quicker, after all!
Other things to do in the meantime.

73 de Sam, G4DDK

On 3 Dec 2020, at 15:14, Colin Ranson <g8lbs@...> wrote:

A lovely wet afternoon to all !

If, and only if, I manage to get both my 3.7 -4.2GHz 25w amplifiers hackling on 3.4GHz, whats the possibility of acquiring a pair of Quadrature Hybrid  (Branch Line Coupler) – I appreciate these would have to be on Rogers PCB etc.

Is there any other way of conjoining two identical amplifiers ?

If it looks too difficult I’ll just stick with the simplicity of one amplifier.

Like a few others I’m expecting an early Xmas present from Bulgaria.

Best regards to all from the lock-down shack of G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

SAM JEWELL

I see mine is also updated, yesterday, as being in the Czech Republic.
Gradually making its way across Europe!

Sam, G4DDK

On 3 Dec 2020, at 15:59, SAM JEWELL via groups.io <jewell@...> wrote:

[...]

militaryoperator

I see mine is also updated, yesterday, as being in the Czech Republic.
Gradually making its way across Europe!

Sam, G4DDK

Uhhhg. Bought some relays from Harrow over a week ago, nothing yet.

Bought a bit from China 3 days ago, already left China.

Ben G4BXD

Stuart G1ZAR

This may be of interest to you.
Others have done similar with the same amplifiers.

http://www.g3zud.com/radio_project/9cmtransverter/index.html

steve G1PPA

I wouldn't rely to much on tracking details from SG labs, mine shown has being in Hungary for a week was watching for it arriving in London on 10th day shown still in Europe, 10 minutes after knock on door from DPD with parcel
Steve
G1PPA

On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 at 17:28, Stuart G1ZAR
<stuart.tyler@...> wrote:
This may be of interest to you.
Others have done similar with the same amplifiers.

http://www.g3zud.com/radio_project/9cmtransverter/index.html

SAM JEWELL

That would be great, if the same happens here..........

Sam

John Lemay

I can't remember if attachments are allowed here ..... hopefully here's a
shot of the inside of the transverter, and a shot of the inside of my
masthead box ( small PA, relay and switchery are hiding on the lower layer).

John G4ZTR