ADL5350 Module Low Frequency 10Mhz-4GHz high-linearity Mixer RF / IF / LO Port

Adrian G4UVZ

A friend has just received, after 2 months wait,  a faulty mixer from Ebay. Before he re-orders does anyone have a surplus working mixer?

Adrian

Andy G4JNT

The MIcrowave components service has an active mixer, same topology as the ADL5350 - it was used for a 2.4GHz upconverter for QO-100.   Not sure if it goes to 4GHz though.   

Virus-free. www.avg.com

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 19:42, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
A friend has just received, after 2 months wait,  a faulty mixer from Ebay. Before he re-orders does anyone have a surplus working mixer?

Adrian

Andy G4JNT

It's the AMCY-1228H-1FU   reviewed in Sept 2013 Scatterpoint, page 14.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 20:09, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
The MIcrowave components service has an active mixer, same topology as the ADL5350 - it was used for a 2.4GHz upconverter for QO-100.   Not sure if it goes to 4GHz though.   

Virus-free. www.avg.com

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 19:42, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Adrian

Adrian G4UVZ

Thanks Andy ..it is for a Q100 application ..I will see if Mike still has any in stock

A

Michael Scott

Hi Andy

If you are referring to the IAM82008, according to the data sheet it is OK to 5 GHz. We still have a few of them left in the Chipbank stock.

73, Mike, G3LYP.

On 30/11/2020 20:09, Andy G4JNT wrote:

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Adrian

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I'm just slightly baffled why anyone would order from eBay and wait 2 months when mouser.co.uk has them in stock ... for less than a fiver.

Adrian

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Clint Sharp <cjaysharp@...>

My motivation to order from ebay would be that you get them mounted on a board complete with sockets and ready to use.

I quite like being able to lash up test setups from a pile of modules before I commit to spinning a board. 

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020, 10:17 Robin Szemeti - G1YFG, <robin@...> wrote:
I'm just slightly baffled why anyone would order from eBay and wait 2 months when mouser.co.uk has them in stock ... for less than a fiver.

Adrian

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Ah noted, then yes indeed, the Chinese eBay optio makes sense.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 11:35, Clint Sharp <cjaysharp@...> wrote:
My motivation to order from ebay would be that you get them mounted on a board complete with sockets and ready to use.

I quite like being able to lash up test setups from a pile of modules before I commit to spinning a board. 

Adrian

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I would just add, that if you want me to scrape that one off the board and mount a fresh one, just let me know. It looks like it is not a particularly small package, 3mm x 2mm ans 8 legs, so should be easy enough.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 13:49, Robin Szemeti <robin@...> wrote:

Adrian

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Clint Sharp <cjaysharp@...>

Also happy to help with SMD work/rework.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 13:51, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:
I would just add, that if you want me to scrape that one off the board and mount a fresh one, just let me know. It looks like it is not a particularly small package, 3mm x 2mm ans 8 legs, so should be easy enough.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 13:49, Robin Szemeti <robin@...> wrote:

Adrian

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

--
Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

--
Clint. M0UAW IO83

No trees were harmed in the sending of this mail. However, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.