ADL5350 Module Low Frequency 10Mhz-4GHz high-linearity Mixer RF / IF / LO Port

Adrian G4UVZ

A friend has just received, after 2 months wait,  a faulty mixer from Ebay. Before he re-orders does anyone have a surplus working mixer?

Adrian

Andy G4JNT

The MIcrowave components service has an active mixer, same topology as the ADL5350 - it was used for a 2.4GHz upconverter for QO-100.   Not sure if it goes to 4GHz though.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 19:42, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
A friend has just received, after 2 months wait,  a faulty mixer from Ebay. Before he re-orders does anyone have a surplus working mixer?

Adrian

Andy G4JNT

It's the AMCY-1228H-1FU   reviewed in Sept 2013 Scatterpoint, page 14.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 20:09, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
The MIcrowave components service has an active mixer, same topology as the ADL5350 - it was used for a 2.4GHz upconverter for QO-100.   Not sure if it goes to 4GHz though.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 19:42, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
A friend has just received, after 2 months wait,  a faulty mixer from Ebay. Before he re-orders does anyone have a surplus working mixer?

Adrian

Adrian G4UVZ

Thanks Andy ..it is for a Q100 application ..I will see if Mike still has any in stock

Michael Scott

Hi Andy

If you are referring to the IAM82008, according to the data sheet it is OK to 5 GHz. We still have a few of them left in the Chipbank stock.

73, Mike, G3LYP.

On 30/11/2020 20:09, Andy G4JNT wrote:
The MIcrowave components service has an active mixer, same topology as the ADL5350 - it was used for a 2.4GHz upconverter for QO-100.   Not sure if it goes to 4GHz though.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 19:42, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
A friend has just received, after 2 months wait,  a faulty mixer from Ebay. Before he re-orders does anyone have a surplus working mixer?

Adrian

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I'm just slightly baffled why anyone would order from eBay and wait 2 months when mouser.co.uk has them in stock ... for less than a fiver.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 19:42, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
A friend has just received, after 2 months wait,  a faulty mixer from Ebay. Before he re-orders does anyone have a surplus working mixer?

Adrian

Clint Sharp <cjaysharp@...>

My motivation to order from ebay would be that you get them mounted on a board complete with sockets and ready to use.

I quite like being able to lash up test setups from a pile of modules before I commit to spinning a board.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020, 10:17 Robin Szemeti - G1YFG, <robin@...> wrote:
I'm just slightly baffled why anyone would order from eBay and wait 2 months when mouser.co.uk has them in stock ... for less than a fiver.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 19:42, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
A friend has just received, after 2 months wait,  a faulty mixer from Ebay. Before he re-orders does anyone have a surplus working mixer?

Adrian

Ah noted, then yes indeed, the Chinese eBay optio makes sense.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 11:35, Clint Sharp <cjaysharp@...> wrote:
My motivation to order from ebay would be that you get them mounted on a board complete with sockets and ready to use.

I quite like being able to lash up test setups from a pile of modules before I commit to spinning a board.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020, 10:17 Robin Szemeti - G1YFG, <robin@...> wrote:
I'm just slightly baffled why anyone would order from eBay and wait 2 months when mouser.co.uk has them in stock ... for less than a fiver.

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 at 19:42, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
A friend has just received, after 2 months wait,  a faulty mixer from Ebay. Before he re-orders does anyone have a surplus working mixer?

Adrian

I would just add, that if you want me to scrape that one off the board and mount a fresh one, just let me know. It looks like it is not a particularly small package, 3mm x 2mm ans 8 legs, so should be easy enough.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 13:49, Robin Szemeti <robin@...> wrote:
[...]

Also happy to help with SMD work/rework.

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 13:51, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:
[...]

Clint. M0UAW IO83

No trees were harmed in the sending of this mail. However, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.