Topics

Yorkshire fitting thru line

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

In message <1648F8F2E5061647.10388@groups.io>, Brian Howie GM4DIJ <brian@b-howie.co.uk> writes
In message <18541.1605805722160860914@groups.io>, G8VLL <ark@andrewnorwich.co.uk> writes
Brian,
          Try ARRL handbook, or ARRL FM and repeaters for basic design,
you will have to change the coupling.
Also G3YGF designed one using 2 pieces of semi rigid soldered together,
which was published in the RSGB Microwave Newsletter Technical
Collection, which is less effort and smaller and works very well, all
the coupling data etc is in the article.

Regards

Andy

G8VLL
Thanks.

You prompted me to look in the ARRL Antenna Handbook and there is a version there. My plan was possibly to make a another slug for 9cm. I couldn't remember what was inside the slug and I didn't want to dismantle it.

Regards

Brian GM4DIJ

More digging about produced this.

Http://ve6atv.sbszoo.com/dir_coupler/dir_cplr.htm

Mine is a single coupler which I can rotate for Forward/Reverse.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

[...]

Adrian G4AZS

I remember reading the article, and think it was Radcom....? I can't help with the year, though.

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

A long time ago I built a couple of thru lines using Yorkshire plumbing fittings to use on 23cm and 70cm to check antenna matching. The plan was to make a poor man's Bird Meter but I only ever made one rotatable slug.

I still use one on 13cm. I'm trying to remember where the articles appeared, whether it was DUBUS or Radcom . It would have been the early 80's . Anyone ?

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie