Topics

3.4GHz flat panel antenna

SAM JEWELL

Kent tells me he intends to ship the antennas (hopefully) this week.
Unfortunately he has some family illness to deal with which has slowed down certain aspects of his antenna business.
I will post when I have the (much sought after) 850-6500MHz LPYs available. Meanwhile, I have loads of the 2-11GHz ones, if anyone is getting impatient!!!
Special lockdown offer. £5 each including shipping!

73 de Sam, G4DDK

On 16 Nov 2020, at 20:04, Nigel G8IFN <nigel@...> wrote:

Hi Steve,
Yes I have looked at this and will get one of the log periodics from Sam.
A flat panel is an easier solution and more compact so I was trying to find a reasonably priced one.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 05:27 PM, Steve G4HTZ wrote:
What about the log periodics that Sam stocks ...into a small sky dish or similar

--
Steve G4HTZ
JO01JN60

also known to be active occasionally on 70cms DATV

--
Nigel G8IFN

Colin Ranson

Hi Steve,

Just what I’m waiting for from Sam, only I’ll be using a TP-Link originally 2.4GHz dish.  LPA will be held in a section of 25mm x 25mm GRP.    We need to get as many on that band as possible. Use it or lose it.

Colin G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Andy G4JNT

Looks like there may be some useful components in there.
May hit the 'Buy' button in 3...2...1...

On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 at 18:10, Stuart G1ZAR <stuart.tyler@...> wrote:
I too have been looking for something similar.
I wondered about the units from Mainline, as they are a bit cheaper, but perhaps a bit more work involved.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wifi-max-Aerial-3-5GHZ-transmitter-and-Receiver-PRICE-for-2-Bargain/252865647123?hash=item3adff79213:g:AdQAAOxyTyBSYROh

There is some info posted on BATC forum. (Topic is 3.4GHz gain solution perhaps?)

Stuart G1ZAR

I too have been looking for something similar.
I wondered about the units from Mainline, as they are a bit cheaper, but perhaps a bit more work involved.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wifi-max-Aerial-3-5GHZ-transmitter-and-Receiver-PRICE-for-2-Bargain/252865647123?hash=item3adff79213:g:AdQAAOxyTyBSYROh

There is some info posted on BATC forum. (Topic is 3.4GHz gain solution perhaps?)

KENT BRITAIN

I have an Ionica 8 sided patch array I hauled back from the UKuG boot sale.

Tested it at 3.456 GHz,   18.9 dBi     73 Kent G8EMY/W5

On Monday, November 16, 2020, 10:39:18 AM CST, Michael Scott via groups.io <g3lyp@...> wrote:

Hi Nigel

How about the Ionica, would that do?  Imight be able to let you have one, if you can't find one on e-bay.

73, Mike, G3LYP.

On 16/11/2020 12:40, Nigel G8IFN wrote:
Anyone know of a source of 3.4GHz flat panel antennas?
Have found this on ebay http://tiny.cc/qds4tz
which is decribed as 3.5-3.6GHz has anyone tried one of these?

Thanks
--
Nigel G8IFN

Steve G4HTZ

What about the log periodics that Sam stocks ...into a small sky dish or similar

--
Steve G4HTZ
JO01JN60
Great Wakering, Essex
24ghz 1.8w 80cm dish

also known to be active occasionally on 70cms DATV

Michael Scott

Hi Nigel

How about the Ionica, would that do?  Imight be able to let you have one, if you can't find one on e-bay.

73, Mike, G3LYP.

On 16/11/2020 12:40, Nigel G8IFN wrote:
Anyone know of a source of 3.4GHz flat panel antennas?
Have found this on ebay http://tiny.cc/qds4tz
which is decribed as 3.5-3.6GHz has anyone tried one of these?

Thanks
--
Nigel G8IFN

Paul Evans W4/VP9KF

Errrrrr, the FCC is taking away that and other bands for 5G/other stuff, with no provision for us lowly amateurs.
What of OfCom intentions? I'm out of touch, but these things are likely to go global.
The ARRL is putting up a minimal fight:

http://www.arrl.org/news/view/arrl-petitions-fcc-for-reconsideration-of-order-removing-3-4-ghz-amateur-allocation

buyer beware?
--
73, Paul Evans G4BKI [VP9KF]

Graham G3VKV

I have one the same as Andy - seems to work fine -
                               Graham G3VKV

Nigel G8IFN

Thanks for all the replies.
I think I had seen the one Andy linked to but had skipped over it as it was more expensive than I would have liked.
They have a a best offer but only appear to be willing to drop to £57
--
Nigel G8IFN

Rien Eradus PA0JME

Hi I bought a similar one from Pollin a few years ago.

As far as I remember gain is around 20 dBi.

I manage to receive GB3MHz beacon if condx allow. The past few weeks condx are too bad

Best regards Rien PA0JME

Op 16-11-2020 om 13:40 schreef Nigel G8IFN:

Anyone know of a source of 3.4GHz flat panel antennas?
Have found this on ebay http://tiny.cc/qds4tz
which is decribed as 3.5-3.6GHz has anyone tried one of these?

Thanks
--
Nigel G8IFN

Andy G4JNT

According to Paypal, this is where mine came from

Andy

On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 at 12:44, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
Search around a bit harder.  I bought a Flat Panel for 3.4GHz a few months ago, but not quite that one.  It is actually rated to cover down to 3.4GHz  and looks to be a bit different to that one.    Seems to work.

Just bin looking for where I got it from - can't find it, deleted all the associated emails.   I'll post later if I do.