Topics

Unsure what these are called

Dave G8KHU

Hi Mike
Further to John's reply the flange in your picture is choked (deep groove inside the O ring) ands should be mated to a plain flange.
The guide does look to be WG16 (aka WR90 / R100), if so the inside dimensions of the guide are 0.9" x 0.4" and O/D will be 1" x 1/2".
I can't help you with rings I'm afraid, but I can let you have a couple of WG16 plain round flanges with pleasure. Send me your address off relector and I'll post them to you.
73
Dave
G8KHU

John Fell

Hi Mike,
The round items are circular WG16 flange coupling/locator rings .

The waveguide component looks like a transition to an N socket .

If the closed metallic end of the waveguide is reasonably thin ( 1-2mm) ( and the end closest to the N socket ) , try coupling the N socket to your RX and point the white material end of the assembly towards a 10GHz RF source .
If it is a transition it should show a signal peak when looking at the source .
The white material is probably in that case a moisture ingress blocker - to use as part of a system you would need to add a flange .
It may have been used as an "open guide" feed for a dish with a low f/D , wide beamwidth feed .

73
John
G0API

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 20:41, Mike Webb <gd6icr@...> wrote:

Please tell me what these connections are called need 2 of these flanges and 2 sets of the coupling rings. Unsure whether the transition from n-type to waveguide is a dummy load or a test connection. Please help if you can
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW

Mike GD6ICR