From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Andy via groups.io <mm0fmf@...>
Sent: 10 September 2020 13:34
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Denis G3UVR SK

I am extremely sad to report that Denis G3UVR went silent key early this morning.

Denis has been my friend for 30 years and was instrumental in getting me interested in the higher bands.

RIP Denis.

Condolences to friends/family.

Andy
MM0FMF

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

Thanks for the news Andy, that's very sad. Denis and I first QSO'd on 4m AM in the mid 1960s when we were still both schoolboys, him in the Wirral and me in Surrey.
In my teenage years,  I dropped in on him at his parents farm a number of times on my way to the Lake District.

We've kept in touch over all these years.

We've met up many times, probably the most recently was at Friedrichshafen where he went every year. Until only a couple of weeks ago, he was optimistic about a recovery.

I think my last QSO with him was on 13cm in the July UKAC.

He was very generous with his time, encouraging and helping other people with their radio projects. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Denis.

Phil G3TCU

On 10/09/2020 12:34, Andy via groups.io wrote:
I am extremely sad to report that Denis G3UVR went silent key early this morning.

Denis has been my friend for 30 years and was instrumental in getting me interested in the higher bands.

RIP Denis.

Condolences to friends/family.

Andy
MM0FMF

SAM JEWELL

I am really to sorry to hear this news.
I had spoken to Denis many times, both on-air and in person.
He will be missed.

Condolences to his family.

Vale Denis.

Sam, G4DDK

Sent via BT Email App

Paul Entwistle

I am saddened to hear of the loss of Dennis G3UVR, he was “one in a million”.

We chatted on the radio and in person many times over the decades and Dennis would always go the extra mile to help and inspire.

A sad loss to his family and the Amateur Radio community.

RIP Dennis

Paul G8AFC

Ron

Thanks for the news Andy. So sad.

Met him for the first time at Friedrichshafen last year including a trip up the Pfander during which he began my education in microwave equipment and operation.

Was really looking forward to seeing him again

Ron
G6BMY

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

So sorry to hear this news. I had been concerned because of his absence from the UKACs on the various bands & his undoubted enthusiasm that there must be something going wrong.

I've only known Denis for the last few years but he was very helpful in encouraging & updating me in the ways of VHF/UHF operating that had taken place in my 33-year QRT period. This help was by email & on air, always on the lookout for me from down here. I was particularly pleased to have worked Denis many times on 23cm mainly CW, often with better reliability than the other bands. He was excited with the prospect of having a go with me on 3cm, but sadly we never got to try that.
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

G4LDR

So sorry to hear that Denis has become a SK. Worked him many times over a difficult path usually at very low signal strengths. I am sure he will be missed by us all.

Neil G4LDR

David Law

Very sad news indeed. I have recent fond memories of working Denis on 10Ghz, indoor system to indoor system!
Always enthusiastic, he will be missed by all.
RIP om.

Chris G0WUS

Very Sad news indeed.

I will miss our weekly email exchange on radio and life in general he was always a great help to me in so many ways.

A great chap, a huge loss

Chris

G0WUS

On 10/09/2020 13:56, Ron wrote:
Thanks for the news Andy. So sad.

Met him for the first time at Friedrichshafen last year including a trip up the Pfander during which he began my education in microwave equipment and operation.

Was really looking forward to seeing him again

Ron
G6BMY

Ralph

Sorry for the delay.

I am very sorry indeed to hear about Denis.  I worked him

A few times with difficulty over an obstructed path but always

Found it worth while. May he rest in peace.

73

Ralph G4ALY

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Keith

Back in my G6HHV and G0HEI days Denis was a source of a good 23 cms signal, he was my first ever contact on the band, we were about 7 miles apart !
The sight of him arriving on top of Cyrn Yr Brain, outsiders Llangollen, in his red Ferrari, on rutted dirt tracks is something I will never forget.
In my days as a DJ, 1969-1976, I hired PA systems from his Hammer Sound company when my own gear was giving problems.
Its 34 years since I left the Wirral, but in that time he, along with David G3UFO, would supply me with snippets of information on microwave activities in the NorthWest to keep my interest whetted.
We eventually caught up again at Friedrichshafen in 2012, and renewed our friendship, with him providing me with details on this very group and BATC to keep me going on the higher bands.
I will miss him, as I miss my old elmer G3UFO, who left us last year, we were all part of the Mersey Microwave group G1GHZ that I founded back in the 80's with their help.
Gone to a higher band :(
Vale Denis
73 Keith VK6KB / VK6EME

Martyn G3UKV

Thanks for letting the uWave community know, Andy.
Denis was ever an active station, and in recent times was spreading his uWave wings in many ways.
He will be sorely missed.
God bless him and his family.
Martyn G3UKV

On 10/09/2020 12:34, Andy wrote:
I am extremely sad to report that Denis G3UVR went silent key early this morning.

Denis has been my friend for 30 years and was instrumental in getting me interested in the higher bands.

RIP Denis.

Condolences to friends/family.

Andy
MM0FMF

Ken Linney

Very sorry to hear the news about Denis. I used to work him on Top Band AM in the 60's.
Along with good friend Brian G3VWH Denis was lead guitarist in a 60's group The Radicals.
He was a great operator on cw.

Condolences to the family...

Ken G3UDA

Graham - G3YJR

Edited

I was sad to hear this news. I will miss my chats with him. I remember once mentioning to him that I was stuck on a project for a particular value of zener diode and a couple of days later some diodes arrived in the post from Denis, free of charge.

I didn't know he was a guitarist.

He featured a number of us on his youtube channel.

My condolences to his family. We will miss him.

Graham - G3YJR

Mike GD6ICR

G3UVR Best Elmer Ive ever had and the times with the crew on Cyrn y Brain and Halkyn introduced me to the shorter frquencies amazing times Give a call Keith G6HHK when you are free

Again RIP old friend
--
Mike GD6ICR IO74PF73TW