Farnham and Mow Cop SDRs

Adrian G4UVZ

Can anyone confirm that these are currently working?

I thought this misty September morning looked as if there might be a bit of dx about on 3cms..however no sign of any signals on either SDR.

Normally at least GB3SEE is present on Farnham.

Neil Smith G4DBN

I tried Mow Cop last night and I was very weak on it. I couldn’t hear much here, just RS from PKT, LEX and OSW, and Mow Cop wasn’t seeing OSW.
https://tropo.f5len.org/forecasts-for-europe/ shows a bit of enhancement overnight sinking away southwards, but the Midlands are blanketed in absorbent drizzle.
Neil G4DBN

On 7 Sep 2020, at 07:34, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io <adrianwhatmore248@...> wrote:

Can anyone confirm that these are currently working?

I thought this misty September morning looked as if there might be a bit of dx about on 3cms..however no sign of any signals on either SDR.

Normally at least GB3SEE is present on Farnham.

Mark GØNMY

I have been logged onto mowcop sdr the last three nights Fri Sat Sunday and it hasnt lost OSW beacon, LEX image came up after midnight on Sat and Sun. but is down in the noise now.

OSW is S7 on the SDR meter.

One tip, you may already know this but, on the Waterfall settings

Under view select weak sigs it helps show up weaker signals.

If you already knew this then carry on, as you were hee hee

Adrian G4UVZ

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 10:10 AM, Mark GØNMY wrote:

Under view select weak sigs it helps show up weaker signals.

If you already knew this then carry on, as you were hee hee

Thanks very much for the info ..I wasn't aware of the weak sig option..I can now see the Oswestry beacon..I assume that the 2 other signal pretty much symetrical on the centre line are funies. Unfortunately I can't hear any idents as I gave up a long time ago trying to get Java to work on my PC and the HTML sound doesn't seem to work either!..unless I am not clicking something I should!

From: Adrian G4UVZ <adrianwhatmore248@...>

Reply to Group Discard Private

Mark GØNMY

Yes the two artifacts are birdies of some kind I dont know if they are internal or externally generated.

Shame about html5 not working, I use FireFox browser and have no issues, once I select html5 but I think it is selected by default as Java suxs

Hope that helps a little.

73 Mark G0NMY

Neil Smith G4DBN

Edited

I can hear myself fine on Mow Cop this evening, propagation is pretty much back to normal, with OSW arriving here at -15dB in JT4G.  No sign of GB3KBQ, but CAM is about S3 and I'm hearing PKT pretty well, despite it being enfeebled at present.

Mow Cop receive level fro my signal is usually 6dB over noise across the Peak District/Staffordshire Moorlands from down here near sea level.

I was about the same strength on Mow Cop as OSW was, at least until a plane at 2500 ft on the approach to Manchester produced a nice fat AS reflection.

Neil G4DBN

On 07/09/2020 18:10, Mark GØNMY wrote:

I have been logged onto mowcop sdr the last three nights Fri Sat Sunday and it hasnt lost OSW beacon, LEX image came up after midnight on Sat and Sun. but is down in the noise now.

OSW is S7 on the SDR meter.

One tip, you may already know this but, on the Waterfall settings

Under view select weak sigs it helps show up weaker signals.

If you already knew this then carry on, as you were hee hee

 p.

View/Reply Online (#58271) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_
--
Neil
http://g4dbn.uk

Adrian G4UVZ

Sound now working on Mowcop...but no sign of SEE or anything else on Farnham?

Any ideas if it is working?

G1DFL

GB3SEE 10GHz at Reigate is there, just weak into Farnham SDR this afternoon. It's been orange (poorly?) on Beaconspot for a while, does drop off the SDR during hot weather.

Looking forward to GB3GCT the new 10GHz beacon when its operational from Greenham Common. That will be a better direction for me.

Regards..Pete
G1DFL

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 at 14:41, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io
<adrianwhatmore248@...> wrote:
Sound now working on Mowcop...but no sign of SEE or anything else on Farnham?

Any ideas if it is working?

Colin G4EML

Try looking for SEE later in the day when the temperature has reduced. It has an intermittent fault at the moment where the power drops when the ambient temp is above about 20 degrees.

Colin G4EML.