GB3OSW off line

Adrian G4UVZ

Thanks for the info...will keep an eye out in the next few days!

Neil Smith G4DBN

And as if by magic, the GB3OSW signal appeared, rising slowly out of the noise, direct path vis RS with about 10Hz doppler spreading and 20Hz shift.

2046 -17 -0.1 1015 $* GB3OSW IO82KV
2048 -16 -0.0 1013 $* GB3OSW IO82KV

2050 -16 -0.1 1015 $* GB3OSW IO82KV
2052 -17 -0.1 1017 $* GB3OSW IO82KV

Neil G4DBN
IO93NR08

On 19/08/2020 21:37, Peter G3SMT via groups.io wrote:

HI Adrian,

Probably a little late for this evening but GB3OSW is radiating as usual.

Peter G3SMT

HI Adrian,

Probably a little late for this evening but GB3OSW is radiating as usual.

73

Peter  G3SMT

On 19/08/2020 18:26, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io wrote:
Can anyone confirm if OSW is back on?  WIth big rain in the offing again ..it might be audible in IO80 with any luck...but obviously needs to be on air...No point looking for the black cat in the darkened room which isn't there!!!

Peter G3SMT

Neil Smith G4DBN

I can't see OSW at the moment, but there is a curtain of drizzle over the Pennines which would kill the path anyway.  In other news, I am getting a decent RS signal from GB3KBQ at a mere 342km. My dish is at 8m because of the strong wind up here. I can't hear myself on Mow Cop, which is pretty much indicative of 15-18dB excess loss on that path. PKT is coming in at -17dB RS
Neil G4DBN

GB3KBQ RS waterfall

Adrian G4UVZ

Can anyone confirm if OSW is back on?  WIth big rain in the offing again ..it might be audible in IO80 with any luck...but obviously needs to be on air...No point looking for the black cat in the darkened room which isn't there!!!

Peter G3SMT

Fellow microwavers,

Please be advised that GB3OSW will be off air on Tuesday 18th August during the day as the local DNO is taking power off the area to change out the local sub station.

Will advise when normal service is resumed.

73

Peter  G3SMT

--
Peter G3SMT