KST2ME Questino

Andy G4JNT

No, doesn't help.  That sets up the sounds for two apparently different message types.  It has two options,  CQ sound and Preamble sound

When is a message a CQ and when a preamble?  Looking at the raw over-air message contents there seems no obvious difference.   Although a few callsigns appear in brackets - is that it ?

I've never used the actual KST web interface, but understand that in there you have to type some daft entity prefaced by "/CQ" i.  Is that the difference?  In which case I'm going to have to wait for a quiet period on KST and use the web interface to send some  G8IMR <> G4JNT test messages.

Want to know the raw over-air format and its options, coz I have an idea for using KST reporting for something different.

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 15:52, Paul Selwood G3YDY via groups.io <g3ydy=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Andy,

Tools/Setup/Sounds  - you will see it all.

73

Paul

G3YDY