DAIWA 7500a Rotator

John E. Beech

Hi All,
Has anyone had any experience of replacing the feedback potentiometer in a Daiwa 7500 a Antenna Rotator?

The diagram I've looked at on line doesn't show a value for this pot.. Anyone know what it is? Does it actually matter - it looks as though it just acts as a voltage divider.

When I split the casing apart are a lot of loose bits likely to fall out?

de John G8SEQ

R Hopkins

Hi John

I had my rotator in bits a few weeks ago. It don't think the pot would be hard to replace but I
think it's driven by a separate gear. Making sure that gear is in the right position would be the
hardest part to get right. The pot is 500 Ohms. You can check it from the shack if you disconnect
pin 1 on the controller. Mine hasn't got stop switches as shown on the diagram.

Roger GW4NOS

On Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:04:26 +0100, you wrote:

Hi All,
Has anyone had any experience of replacing the feedback potentiometer in a Daiwa 7500 a Antenna Rotator?

The diagram I've looked at on line doesn't show a value for this pot.. Anyone know what it is? Does it actually matter - it looks as though it just acts as a voltage divider.

When I split the casing apart are a lot of loose bits likely to fall out?

de John G8SEQ

ian hope (2E0IJH)

A daiwa 7500 is basicily a  G400/g600 and has the same Pot, I have quite a few 2nd hand spare ones if you need one, It's a 500 ohm pot.

I would change the balls whilst you in there 99 3/8 steel ones you want

If you look up g400/g600 repair on the net there are loads of pictures where people have stripped them down, Kenpro made the rotator heads for Daiwa so effectivly there the same

Ian
M5IJH

Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 at 8:18 PM
From: "R Hopkins via groups.io" <gw4nos@...>
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] DAIWA 7500a Rotator
Hi John

I had my rotator in bits a few weeks ago. It don't think the pot would be hard to replace but I
think it's driven by a separate gear. Making sure that gear is in the right position would be the
hardest part to get right. The pot is 500 Ohms. You can check it from the shack if you disconnect
pin 1 on the controller. Mine hasn't got stop switches as shown on the diagram.

Roger GW4NOS
On Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:04:26 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi All,
> Has anyone had any experience of replacing the feedback potentiometer in a Daiwa 7500 a Antenna Rotator?
>
>The diagram I've looked at on line doesn't show a value for this pot.. Anyone know what it is? Does it actually matter - it looks as though it just acts as a voltage divider.
>
>When I split the casing apart are a lot of loose bits likely to fall out?
>
>de John G8SEQ

ian hope (2E0IJH)

This site's quite a good one, http://www.dl3lar.de/KRx00.html

Ian
M5IJH

Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 at 8:18 PM
From: "R Hopkins via groups.io" <gw4nos@...>
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Hi John

I had my rotator in bits a few weeks ago. It don't think the pot would be hard to replace but I
think it's driven by a separate gear. Making sure that gear is in the right position would be the
hardest part to get right. The pot is 500 Ohms. You can check it from the shack if you disconnect
pin 1 on the controller. Mine hasn't got stop switches as shown on the diagram.

Roger GW4NOS
On Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:04:26 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi All,
> Has anyone had any experience of replacing the feedback potentiometer in a Daiwa 7500 a Antenna Rotator?
>
>The diagram I've looked at on line doesn't show a value for this pot.. Anyone know what it is? Does it actually matter - it looks as though it just acts as a voltage divider.
>
>When I split the casing apart are a lot of loose bits likely to fall out?
>
>de John G8SEQ

Tony G4NBS

Been a while since I took mine apart, though I might do so again shortly as it has jammed and recently been replaced.
Can be messy and if you open it up the wrong way the ball bearings will go everywhere so best be prepared.
Mine has got limit switches and I recall it was a bit of fun reassembling it so that they behaved whilst getting the indicator in the correct position.
Guess if you mark the case as you split it so that you put things together readily aligned that shouldn't be a problem but I repainted mine as well as fitting new bearings and pot so wasn't an option for me.

Thumbs up for Hammerite and its special metal primer - no corrosion on it after 10 years up in the elements and the stainless hardware was easily undone, unlike the original paint and bolts supplied from Japan.

Good luck
73
Tony G4NBS