kst2me?

militaryoperator

KST2ME ?

I followed the instructions, downloaded file, extracted.

Got key, extracted to same folder, open kst2me, try to connect, all I get is "Your password is wrong"

Anyone have any ideas as to which wrong key I'm pressing?

Ben

--------------------------------------
Curator, Owner and Display coordinator
Military Wireless Museum
Kidderminster, UK.

This message was meant for the recipient
Any likeness to persons living or dead is odd
---------------------------------------

Neil Smith G4DBN

Does the password work OK when you go the normal web browser version of KST?  kst2me just pushes that password up to the actual website, so it has to match your web KST password on http://www.on4kst.org/chat/login.php?band=3

Neil

--
Neil
http://g4dbn.uk

militaryoperator

Does the password work OK when you go the normal web browser version of KST?  kst2me just pushes that password up to the actual website, so it has to match your web KST password on http://www.on4kst.org/chat/login.php?band=3
Neil
------------------------------------

Well there you go. Ask a clever man and you'll get a clever answer.

I did not realise (or missed reading) that this pwd needed to match the kst one.

just changed it, and bingo, we're in.

Just got to figure out how to use it now!

Thanks Neil.

Ben (dunces cap has been put on and will stand in the corner for an hour.)

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

It is "OK" ... but not great. I can't get any sense out of the "maps" option, and there is no easy way I can see to get bearing/distance out of KST2ME either.  I did consider writing a custom client specifically for VHF/uWAVE that would talk to the rotator server on Minos, and provide individual chat windows ... maybe one day!

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 15:41, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Does the password work OK when you go the normal web browser version of KST?  kst2me just pushes that password up to the actual website, so it has to match your web KST password on http://www.on4kst.org/chat/login.php?band=3
Neil
------------------------------------

Well there you go. Ask a clever man and you'll get a clever answer.

I did not realise (or missed reading) that this pwd needed to match the kst one.

just changed it, and bingo, we're in.

Just got to figure out how to use it now!

Thanks Neil.

Ben (dunces cap has been put on and will stand in the corner for an hour.)

Neil Smith G4DBN

If you click on the Locator in the users list, it will show you heading and direction.

Neil G4DBN

On 17/06/2020 15:56, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG wrote:
[...]

also if you click on a callsign in the DX spot window, it will try to match a locator to the call.

Neil

On 17/06/2020 16:11, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

[...]

Not on KST2ME it doesn't, or at least not on mine .. I think you might be confusing it with the website version.

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 16:11, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

[...]

Seems to on mine Robin? It tells me your 0 miles away on a heading of 0 deg with a reverse of 0 deg.

My pilot training tells me the reverse of 0 deg is 180 deg but hey ho.

Ben
--------------------------------------
[...]

Oooh, I am confused about many things, but mine does this when I click on a locator or a callsign linked to a locator in the cluster pane:

On 17/06/2020 16:50, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG wrote:
[...]

---------------------

I see DB6NT is on there........... wonder what rig he's running?

Kjeld, OZ1FF

If you in the User list  click on the locator of a station you will get QTF and QRB shown in the Filtered window. If you in the User list  click on the name of a user you will get a message to this user in the message box: /CQ G4XYZ. If you in the chat window click on a call you will get a message to this user in the message box: /CQ G4XYZ.

I have KST2ME running on many PCs and they all works this way.

Vy 73 de OZ1FF/Kjeld

Phone/SMS +45 4021 1119

Https://www.oz1ff.dk

Bob_G1ZJP

Kjeld

Are any of the computers you use KST2ME on run on Win10?  I’ve just changed my main shack computer over to Win10 and there are lots of differences made to KST2ME, unless Bo has made recent updates?

73

Bob, G1ZJP / M1MHZ

If you in the User list  click on the locator of a station you will get QTF and QRB shown in the Filtered window. If you in the User list  click on the name of a user you will get a message to this user in the message box: /CQ G4XYZ. If you in the chat window click on a call you will get a message to this user in the message box: /CQ G4XYZ.

I have KST2ME running on many PCs and they all works this way.

Vy 73 de OZ1FF/Kjeld

Phone/SMS +45 4021 1119

Https://www.oz1ff.dk

Andy G4JNT

Yes, works fine

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 17:46, Bob_G1ZJP <R_Offer@...> wrote:

Kjeld

Are any of the computers you use KST2ME on run on Win10?  I’ve just changed my main shack computer over to Win10 and there are lots of differences made to KST2ME, unless Bo has made recent updates?

73

Bob, G1ZJP / M1MHZ

If you in the User list  click on the locator of a station you will get QTF and QRB shown in the Filtered window. If you in the User list  click on the name of a user you will get a message to this user in the message box: /CQ G4XYZ. If you in the chat window click on a call you will get a message to this user in the message box: /CQ G4XYZ.

I have KST2ME running on many PCs and they all works this way.

Vy 73 de OZ1FF/Kjeld

Phone/SMS +45 4021 1119

Https://www.oz1ff.dk

Bob_G1ZJP

Thanks Andy

I’ll have to look elsewhere for answers then!

73

Bob, G1ZJP/M1MHZ

Are any of the computers you use KST2ME on run on Win10?  I’ve just changed my main shack computer over to Win10 and there are lots of differences made to KST2ME, unless Bo has made recent updates?

73

Bob, G1ZJP / M1MHZ

If you in the User list  click on the locator of a station you will get QTF and QRB shown in the Filtered window. If you in the User list  click on the name of a user you will get a message to this user in the message box: /CQ G4XYZ. If you in the chat window click on a call you will get a message to this user in the message box: /CQ G4XYZ.

I have KST2ME running on many PCs and they all works this way.

Vy 73 de OZ1FF/Kjeld

Phone/SMS +45 4021 1119

Https://www.oz1ff.dk

Stuart G1ZAR

Neil, Your screen pic shows the options for prefix & suffix. Do they actually work?
I cannot get mine to show /P
Last time I tried it said my key had expired and not yet got around to requesting a new one.

thanks,
Stuart

Neil Smith G4DBN

Looks like it works, I get dumped if I set M/ for prefix and /P for suffix

On 17/06/2020 18:07, Stuart G1ZAR wrote:
Neil, Your screen pic shows the options for prefix & suffix. Do they actually work?
I cannot get mine to show /P
Last time I tried it said my key had expired and not yet got around to requesting a new one.

thanks,
Stuart
--
Neil
http://g4dbn.uk

Stewart Wilkinson

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 07:06 PM, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

Looks like it works, I get dumped if I set M/ for prefix and /P for suffix

I think that is because M/G4DBN/P is not a registered callsign on ON4KST - it's not a proper callsign either !

Neil Smith G4DBN

Yes indeed. Original question was whether kst2me would take the prefix/suffix and it does seem to work fine, the error message confirms that it is sending the (weird) call correctly.

If I was less lazy, I could have registered a proper compound call, but in this universe, my levels of sloth and inertia are way above the threshold of inquisitiveness.

Neil

On 18/06/2020 06:38, Stewart Wilkinson via groups.io wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 07:06 PM, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

Looks like it works, I get dumped if I set M/ for prefix and /P for suffix

I think that is because M/G4DBN/P is not a registered callsign on ON4KST - it's not a proper callsign either !
_.

Adrian G4UVZ

Hi Ben...I too struggled with KST and KSTME !

Personally I find that in a contest / activity period, it is like Paddy Market ( Probably can't say that now) However recently I have used it to good effect with Clive GW4MBS to set up 10GHz tests
I see that you too are now on 10GHz and I thing the path to IO80 KX just south of Taunton would be on from your location ...particulary with all the rain we are having of late!

Let me know if you would like to have a go ..I have 5 watts to a 60cm dish ..mast mounted ..I am not far from GB3KBQ 10368.870 with line of sight to the Mendip Hills,,,so a good shot up the Severn valley

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

Adrian I liken it to a teenager going to dance, hopes of finding someone to dance with can be dashed when they have chose someone more attractive (more DXy than you) so you sit on the edge of the dance floor hoping to be asked :)
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!