Beacon Spotting Expedition: Walton Hill

Iain Young

Hi Folks,

Just a quick heads up to say that next Saturday (13th) June, I am
planning on climbing Walton Hill (SOTA summit G/CE-002) for a spot(!)
of beacon spotting on L/S/F/C band with my (two legged) portable uWave
SDR receiver [Raspberry Pi 4, with 10 inch touchscreen running gnuradio
if anyone is interested!]

As it is also a SOTA summit, I am intending to attempt to activate it
on 23cms FM, so contacts would be appreciated. I'm planning on doing
the beacon spotting first, so expect to be on 23cms FM no earlier than
1130-1200Z (1230-1300 Local)

I will self spot on the SOTA spotting site, but am unlikely to have
email access to notify here.

Further SOTA summits and/or high points that I am planning to do over
the next few months via train include:

Bredon Hill (G/CE-003), Caer Caradoc (G/WB-006), Long Mynd (G/WB-005),
The Wretkin (G/WB-010), Callow Hill (G/WB-015), and View Edge (G/WB-018),
so expect a few more shouts for QSO's on 23cms!

Over the same timeframe, I am also intending to develop the portable
uWave receiver to include 24GHz, and (initially) a beacon facility, to
be followed by a QSO capability, so some of the above listed sites may
allow QSO

73s

Iain

Stuart G1ZAR

Hello Iain,
Not sure of work commitments just yet, but I could probably make it to my local SOTA summit of G/CE004 with 23cm equipment.
I would think it would be an easy S2S
Would like to try contact with you on some of the other summits once you have worked out your plans.

73
Stuart
G1ZAR