Activity List for the UK Microwave Group 5.7/10GHz Contests - 31 May

John Quarmby

Sunday 31st May is the first of this years UK Microwave Group 5.7GHz and 10GHz contests. Operation is for a maximum of 8 hours out of a 12 hour period from 0600 -1800z, (0700 - 1900 BST), see the rules for details:

https://www.microwavers.org/files/2020-mwrules_v4.pdf

Please note that only fixed station single operator entries will be accepted for this contest, any others will be classified as check logs.

As usual I can produce an activity list, please send details of your planned operation in the format below:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 60cm dish
              10GHz 10W 60cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and Zello SHF Chat
Times: Various throughout the event

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

John Lemay

Hello John

I'm planning to be QRV:-

Call: G4ZTR
Locator: JO01KW
Band: 10GHz, 10w, 1 m dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various

Regards

John G4ZTR

Sunday 31st May is the first of this years UK Microwave Group 5.7GHz and
10GHz contests. Operation is for a maximum of 8 hours out of a 12 hour
period from 0600 -1800z, (0700 - 1900 BST), see the rules for details:

https://www.microwavers.org/files/2020-mwrules_v4.pdf

Please note that only fixed station single operator entries will be
accepted for this contest, any others will be classified as check logs.

As usual I can produce an activity list, please send details of your
planned operation in the format below:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 60cm dish
10GHz 10W 60cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and Zello SHF Chat
Times: Various throughout the event

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

Dave G1EHF

I'll have a go on 5.7GHz from home (back garden). Not expecting too much but probably worth a try:)

Callsign: G1EHF
Locator: IO91LH
Bands: 5.7GHz 10W 60cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and 2m
Times: Various throughout the event

73, Dave

Chris G0WUS

I'll have a go on 3cm from home I will be testing my larger dish so not sure how that will go also not sure on times (around child care) please meep on kst

Callsign: G0WUS
Locator: IO92KO
Bands: 3CM 1.2M DISH 2W
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various throughout the event

73 Chris G0WUS

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

I've not had a 3cm QSO for exactly 35 years so itching to be back on again!

Although I'm in a valley I intend to go portable with my fixed station to the top of our fields. This is not the top of the hill but just further up the slope. If on Friday the Welsh Assembly ease lock-down I can get to a hill less than a mile away. Welcome any skeds in advance.

Callsign: GW4MBS
Locator: IO71XW
Bands: 3CM Skydish 900mW
Talkback: ON4KST or by arrangement 2m/70cm
Times: Various throughout the event (probably no earlier than mid morning start)

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Will be QRV on 3cm ... with around 1Watt.  II can manage the 90 degree quadrant from south through to east ... anything north or west is doomed.

Callsign: G1YFG
Locator: IO82UJ
Bands: 3CM/1watt
Talkback: ON4KST or by arrangement 70cm
Times: throughout

On Thu, 28 May 2020 at 15:50, Clive Elliott GW4MBS via groups.io <humber1ton=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
I've not had a 3cm QSO for exactly 35 years so itching to be back on again!

Although I'm in a valley I intend to go portable with my fixed station to the top of our fields. This is not the top of the hill but just further up the slope. If on Friday the Welsh Assembly ease lock-down I can get to a hill less than a mile away. Welcome any skeds in advance.

Callsign: GW4MBS
Locator: IO71XW
Bands: 3CM Skydish 900mW
Talkback: ON4KST or by arrangement 2m/70cm
Times: Various throughout the event (probably no earlier than mid morning start)

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.

Chris G0WUS

Blimey Clive that reminds me of my R. Signals days lol

Chris G0WUS

On 28/05/2020 15:50, Clive Elliott GW4MBS via groups.io wrote:
I've not had a 3cm QSO for exactly 35 years so itching to be back on again!

Although I'm in a valley I intend to go portable with my fixed station to the top of our fields. This is not the top of the hill but just further up the slope. If on Friday the Welsh Assembly ease lock-down I can get to a hill less than a mile away. Welcome any skeds in advance.

Callsign: GW4MBS
Locator: IO71XW
Bands: 3CM Skydish 900mW
Talkback: ON4KST or by arrangement 2m/70cm
Times: Various throughout the event (probably no earlier than mid morning start)

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

Chris yes the last QSO was on 11/6/85 to G3WDG via rain scatter. Not much prospect rain for a few weeks though :(
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

Chris G0WUS

Atleast you have the kit to climb the hills easy LOL

Hopefully work you sunday. Not sure of timings due to it being family day so will need special clearance from the home office (XYL)

73 Chris G0WUS

On 28/05/2020 17:02, Clive Elliott GW4MBS via groups.io wrote:
Chris yes the last QSO was on 11/6/85 to G3WDG via rain scatter. Not much prospect rain for a few weeks though :(
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

G4LDR

I hope to be QRV as follows

Callsign: G4LDR
Locator: IO91EC
Bands: 5.7GHz ,15W, 1.5m dish
10GHz, 25W, 1m dish (N.B. I have a RX problem, receiver a little deaf)
Talkback: ON4KST and 2m
Times: Various throughout the event

73 Neil G4LDR

Anthony Coldman

I'll be on 5.7GHz.  Only one local contact so far and no beacons heard on new system, so unsure on RX performance.
Callsign: G7LRQ
Locator: IO91tq
Bands: 5.7GHz 7W 190cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST

Times: Various throughout the event

73, Anthony

John Fell

I can give half points away on 5.7 and 10GHz .
Will monitor the KST thingy .
73
John
G0API
IO80XS77JR

On Fri, 29 May 2020 at 13:03, Anthony Coldman via groups.io <anthony.coldman=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

I'll be on 5.7GHz.  Only one local contact so far and no beacons heard on new system, so unsure on RX performance.
Callsign: G7LRQ
Locator: IO91tq
Bands: 5.7GHz 7W 190cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST

Times: Various throughout the event

73, Anthony

John Quarmby

Thank you for your inputs regarding operation in the UK Microwave Group 5.7GHz and 10GHz contests.
The weather looks set fair so maybe some ops will be working from their garden? No RS in prospect though.

Here is the list:

Call: G4ZTR
Locator: JO01KW
Band: 10GHz, 10w, 1 m dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various

Callsign: G1EHF
Locator: IO91LH
Bands: 5.7GHz 10W 60cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and 2m
[...]

Callsign: G0API
Locator: IO80XS77JR
Bands: 5.7 & 10GHz
Talkback: ON4KST
One way only

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 60cm dish
              10GHz 10W 60cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and Zello SHF Chat
Times: Various throughout the event

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Hi,

I hope to be out portable tomorrow late morning of a couple of hours from IO84 Cumbria.

3cms 2.7w 60cm dish

I'll be on KST

Nick G0HIK

G1DFL

I'll be out to give away some valid points to fixed home stations.
If you also out portable I'd very happy to have a natter.

Callsign: G1DFL/P
Locator: IO91LO
Bands: 10GHz 1W 60cm Offset Dish, 5.7GHz 2W 60cm Grid Dish
Talkback preferences: i) 144.390MHz, ii) ON4KST, iii) 07713 432632 WhatsApp/Text/Call, iv) Zello (SHF Chat)
Time: Lunch time till early afternoon.

Will submit a checklog. Hope to work a few of you!
Have fun whilst staying safe.

Regards...Pete
G1DFL

Paul M0EYT

Afternoon Chaps,

I'll be out tomorrow until probably early afternoon at Tyneham View in Dorset IO80WP

Callsign: M0EYT/P
Locator: IO80WP
Band: 10GHz 13W 105cm dish
Talkback: ON4KST and Zello SHF Chat or my mobile +447780478785
Times: 0830 until I get sun burnt so probably just after lunch

Regards,

Paul M0EYT.

Nick Gregory G0HIK

I wonder how people found conditions on 10G at the weekend?

I went out for the first time this year, I had limited time available.

I only managed to complete with one station ODX 250Km, but it was difficult.

All the other tests were a failure.

Were Condx terrible or does my kit need a looking at ?

BTW this was from around 11:00 to 13:00 Local.

Nick G0HIK IO84

John Fell

Extremely poor down here !

73
John
G0API

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 17:07, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io <nickg0hik=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I wonder how people found conditions on 10G at the weekend?

I went out for the first time this year, I had limited time available.

I only managed to complete with one station ODX 250Km, but it was difficult.

All the other tests were a failure.

Were Condx terrible or does my kit need a looking at ?

BTW this was from around 11:00 to 13:00 Local.

Nick G0HIK IO84

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

3 tests but nothing all day.
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

Paul M0EYT

Hi Nick,

From IO80WP it wasnt too bad although UK beacons were generally down on what I'd have expected. The KBQ beacon was weak with QSB, no sign of Martlesham or Leicester either. F1BQ/B was 50 over 9 on open waveguide though.
I did manage to work ON7FLY and F1PYR/P and heard another French station at about 57 calling on .140 but he didnt come back to my reply. Most UK stations were easy to work in SSB and I only had to resort to rusty CW for Ralph ALY (he managed to copy my terrible keying too).

Bigger problems were the invasion of out-of-area terrorists completely swamping the car park and local roads, I think we counted 70 to 75 empty cars there...

Anyway, looking forward to the next /P outing!

regards,

Paul M0EYT.