N-type (5/8" 24tpi UNEF) die?

Ian White

Does anyone have an N-type die (5/8in x 24tpi UNEF) that I could borrow by post, please, for literally 5 minutes?

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Neil Smith G4DBN

I have one Ian, email me your address and I'll get it in the post

Neil G4DBN

On 19/05/2020 09:35, Ian White wrote:

Does anyone have an N-type die (5/8in x 24tpi UNEF) that I could borrow by post, please, for literally 5 minutes?

Ian White

Thanks, Neil.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

On 19/05/2020 09:44, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

I have one Ian, email me your address and I'll get it in the post

Neil G4DBN

On 19/05/2020 09:35, Ian White wrote:

Does anyone have an N-type die (5/8in x 24tpi UNEF) that I could borrow by post, please, for literally 5 minutes?

John Lemay

Neil

This thread (awful pun) has raised a question in my mind; I have a die marked “ 5/8 24 UNS”. It fits an N type thread, but is it the same ? Googling has not provided much clarity.

John G4ZTR

I have one Ian, email me your address and I'll get it in the post

Neil G4DBN

On 19/05/2020 09:35, Ian White wrote:

Does anyone have an N-type die (5/8in x 24tpi UNEF) that I could borrow by post, please, for literally 5 minutes?

Neil Smith G4DBN

5/8" UNS normally comes in 14tpi or 27tpi, but as the "S" means "Special", I guess it could be anything.  Threadform is the same for UNEF/UNS/UNF/UNC/UNM

Neil G4DBN

https://www.gewinde-normen.de/en/unified-special-thread.html