N plug for RG401

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

Can anyone suggest where I can get a straight N plug for RG401 (0.250" semi-rigid) e.g. Amphenol 172139 without the high shipping cost or MOQ of the main distributors that stock these?

I can only find right angle types on eBay.

Thanks & 73, Phil G3TCU

Stephen Tompsett

Mouser? there is a minimum order value to get free delivery. If you don't want a few spare connectors just take the opportunity to stock up on things you will need!

e.g. A Radiall connector I used in some preamps I built:  https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/501-R161054000

--
Stephen Tompsett (G8LYB)
Tel: 01788 578940

Paul G8KFW

Hi Phil

Just a line on right angle N connectors  as I do not now the frequency you are considering but good quality right angle N connecters result in strange frequency responses and any inferior makes more so

All should be OK up to 2.5  ghz

Paul

Mouser? there is a minimum order value to get free delivery. If you don't want a few spare connectors just take the opportunity to stock up on things you will need!

e.g. A Radiall connector I used in some preamps I built:  https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/501-R161054000

On 14/05/2020 10:31, Phil Guttridge G3TCU wrote:

Can anyone suggest where I can get a straight N plug for RG401 (0.250" semi-rigid) e.g. Amphenol 172139 without the high shipping cost or MOQ of the main distributors that stock these?

I can only find right angle types on eBay.

Thanks & 73, Phil G3TCU

--
Stephen Tompsett (G8LYB)
Tel: 01788 578940
Mob: 07956 855816

Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

DougF VK4OE

Greetings to all!

Another suggestion is to identify which company is your local agent for the Taiwanese connector manufacturing group "Jyebao", a source of excellent quality products.

Here in Australia, an Adelaide-based outfit called "RF Shop" keeps a fair range of Jyebao connectors, and is able to acquire any of the entire Jyebao catalogue, including the exact 'N' connector that you seek.

I'm not sure if "RF Shop" is still operating there in the UK, but a few years ago they were....  If they still are 'around', then it's likely that they should be able to get them in for you in small quantities.  I know this because I have used their services for exactly that type of connector (plus the .25" semi-rigid as well).

Very best wishes,

--Doug Friend, VK4OE.

On 14/05/2020 7:31 pm, Phil Guttridge G3TCU wrote:
Can anyone suggest where I can get a straight N plug for RG401 (0.250" semi-rigid) e.g. Amphenol 172139 without the high shipping cost or MOQ of the main distributors that stock these?

I can only find right angle types on eBay.

Thanks & 73, Phil G3TCU

ian hope (2E0IJH)

Try Asking Matt Jeffery M0MAT on Ebay or webstore, He might know a source

Ian
2e0ijh

Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 10:31 AM
From: "Phil Guttridge G3TCU" <p.guttridge@...>
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] N plug for RG401
Can anyone suggest where I can get a straight N plug for RG401 (0.250" semi-rigid) e.g. Amphenol 172139 without the high shipping cost or MOQ of the main distributors that stock these?

I can only find right angle types on eBay.

Thanks & 73, Phil G3TCU

G8VLL

Hello Phil,
                 Try Richard G6HKS, he has genuine H & S

Regards

Andy
G8VLL

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

Thanks Andy (and others who replied to this).

Keith GU6EFB was planning to put in an order to Mouser and he kindly offered to add the connector I wanted to his order. So I should be OK for this part.

I'll try Richard if I ever need another one. (Glad to know about his Health & Safety!)

73, Phil G3TCU