hf net?

militaryoperator

I there an HF net for uwavers?

so we can talk to another like-minded folk when direct 10Ghz is not possible/

Ben

G3PHO - Peter

A small group of microwavers, including myself, meet on 3626kHz every Tuesday morning at 0830 local time as the UK Microwave Net. Look out for G4HJW, G3SMT, G3UKV, G8VZT and G3PHO who are on every week. We really would like others to join us!

73

Peter, G3PHO

On 4 May 2020, at 19:06, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944@...> wrote:

I there an HF net for uwavers?

so we can talk to another like-minded folk when direct 10Ghz is not possible/

Ben

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

Bit early for me, but how long does the net usually run for?
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

militaryoperator

Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] hf net?

A small group of microwavers, including myself, meet on 3626kHz every Tuesday morning at 0830 local time as the UK Microwave Net. Look out for G4HJW, G3SMT, G3UKV, G8VZT and G3PHO who are on every week. We really would like others to join us!

73

Peter, G3PHO

Sorry Peter, 8:30am is far too early for me.  I'll be there at 10.   maybe!!

Ben

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

8:30 is a bit early, but I could try ... I have another sched at 10:00 on 3750 every Tuesday ...

I leave the radio on 1942khz when not doing anything else ...

On Mon, 4 May 2020 at 19:31, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

A small group of microwavers, including myself, meet on 3626kHz every Tuesday morning at 0830 local time as the UK Microwave Net. Look out for G4HJW, G3SMT, G3UKV, G8VZT and G3PHO who are on every week. We really would like others to join us!

73

Peter, G3PHO

Sorry Peter, 8:30am is far too early for me.  I'll be there at 10.   maybe!!

Ben

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.

G3PHO - Peter

About forty minutes... ie around 0910 Local.

On 4 May 2020, at 19:31, Clive Elliott GW4MBS via groups.io <humber1ton@...> wrote:

Bit early for me, but how long does the net usually run for?
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m - 3cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Nice to hear you all on just now, unfortunately I had another net further up the band at 9:00 and had to leave before I could call in, I shall try again next week ...

On 4 May 2020, at 19:31, Clive Elliott GW4MBS via groups.io <humber1ton=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Adrian G4UVZ

Whilst I have appeared at the end of the net on the odd occasion..I have to agree with Clive that 8:30 is not the best time!  Whilst I was up around this time when working ..now retired ..9:30 -10 would be much more civilised ...surely north of Bristol, at 8:30am it is still dark for much of the year!!

Adrian

Neil Smith G4DBN

Wait, what?  You mean there is an "eight-thirty" in the *MORNING* as well as the one that comes after wine-o-clock???

Even on my few remaining working days, I don't surface until ten-to-nine.  There is no way I could contribute meaningfully to any discussion about anything where the localtime hour H matches 2<H<11.  Unless I stayed up all night of course, now THERE's an option. I might be somewhat swivel-eyed and manic from caffeine poisoning though, which could represent a minor downside.

Would it be un-utterably louche to fix up an HF radio in my bedchamber and join the discussion in my jim-jams, ensconced in a duvet?  I suppose for 80 metres I should add a pipe and slippers. Now where did I put that ancient TS-440....

Neil G4DBN

On 05/05/2020 15:58, Adrian G4UVZ via groups.io wrote:
Whilst I have appeared at the end of the net on the odd occasion..I have to agree with Clive that 8:30 is not the best time!  Whilst I was up around this time when working ..now retired ..9:30 -10 would be much more civilised ...surely north of Bristol, at 8:30am it is still dark for much of the year!!

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

8:30pm would be a whole lot more civilised ...  I was listening but barely compos mentis, earliest I have been up all month!

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.

Chris Bartram G4DGU

And you think you have trouble with that timing Neil! The local time in Cornwall is about 30mins behind you, and by local time, I don't mean TDK/CDT (Termyn Distowgh Kernow/Cornish Dreckly Time - a uniquely flexible system which requires a certain amount of training to appreciate fully), just the consequence of living nearly five degrees west of the very arbitrary meridian.

Forgetting the vagaries of 80m propagation, which doesn't usually help, getting up at seven for a sked, and going on the air before I've topped-up the caffeine stream is not really my idea of fun!

73

Chris G4DGU

Wait, what?  You mean there is an "eight-thirty" in the *MORNING* as well as the one that comes after wine-o-clock???

Even on my few remaining working days, I don't surface until ten-to-nine.  There is no way I could contribute meaningfully to any discussion about anything where the localtime hour H matches 2<H<11.  Unless I stayed up all night of course, now THERE's an option. I might be somewhat swivel-eyed and manic from caffeine poisoning though, which could represent a minor downside.

militaryoperator

8:30pm would be a whole lot more civilised ...  I was listening but barely compos mentis, earliest I have been up all month!

Trouble is, here anyway, in the evening the continental qrm is very high. My antenna seems to like the continent,
I must try it lower down in hight, get a bit more NVIS going I guess.

Makes me wish I hadn't asked the question now, hi.

Ben

Paul Randall G3NJV

Poppycock!

Man up everybody.

“swivel-eyed and manic”   you mean ... that’s not normal?

Anyway, no-one would notice anything out of the ordinary.

Not only is it 80m, but also you are all microwavers.

..and no video is involved anyway.

I think that trumps it.

Next Tuesday, 0830 local.

See you there.