Activity List for the UK Microwave Group Low Band Contest - 3rd May 2020

John Quarmby

The third session of the UKuG Low Band contest on 1296,2300,2320, and 3400MHz will take place next Sunday 3rd May from 0900-1500 BST (0800-1400 GMT) which aligns with the latter part of the RSGB and IARU Region 1 coordinated contests. Only single operator fixed station entries will be accepted. The rules are here:

https://microwave.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/contest_rules.pl?year=2020&contest=lb_contest

Activity for the April event was good, and this time there will be more European activity, although aircraft scatter will no doubt be more challenging due to the scarcity of planes. Serial numbers do not need to start at 001, so you can enter if also taking part in the RSGB 24hr event.

Please send your activity plans and I will compile and circulate a list next Saturday morning. if you can follow this format it speeds up editing the list:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 1296MHz 400W 4 x23ele
             2300/2320MHz 200W 0.8m dish
             3400MHz 20W 0.8m dish
Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST, direct CQs on 1296MHz

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

militaryoperator

Callsign: G4BXD
Locator:  IO82UJ
Bands:   1296MHz  25W 16 ele
               2320MHz 20W 40 ele
               3400MHz   3W   7 ele

Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST, direct CQs on 1296MHz

Andy G4JNT

I'll be around on 3400MHz only.
10 W to 15dBi horn
KST

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 at 10:23, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Martin Phillips G4CIO

I'll probably put in an intermittent appearance, enjoyed the activity contest last week despite having a mysterious loudspeaker failure and logging programme issues!

G4CIO

IO81UQ

23 cm only 25 W / 46 ele 240 m asl.

Martin/

G3UVR Denis IO83KH

I will be around during this contest..

Callsign: G3UVR
Locator: IO83KH (89FG)
Bands:  1296MHz    90W 23ele Tonna
             2320MHz  100w  25ele Tonna
             3400MHz   3W 7ele PCB yagi
Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST, Tuning around, direct CQs maybe.

73 de Denis G3UVR

John Lemay

I plan to be QRV as follows:-

Call: G4ZTR
Locator: JO01KW
Bands: 1296MHz, 300w, 2m dish
2320MHz, 50w, 2m dish
Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST and direct CQ on 1296MHz

I also plan to be QRV on 3cms on Saturday for the 10GHz Trophy contest.

Regards

John G4ZTR

[...]

Graham G3TCT

Hope to be on for this.

Callsign: G3TCT
Locator: IO81QC
Bands: 1296MHz 150W 44ele

Times: Most of the time
Talkback: ON4KST, direct CQs.

73
Graham

Conrad, PA5Y

I will be on as much as possible.

Callsign: PA5Y
Locator: JO21VO
Bands: 1296MHz 1 x 70 ele and 100W
Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST, direct CQs on 1296MHz

73

Conrad PA5Y

steve G1PPA

Callsign G1PPA
Locator IO93OJ
Bands 1296 10w 44ele Wimo
ON4KST
Time most of day

Thanks steve G1PPA

On 25 Apr 2020, at 10:23, John Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

In message <b272e2fd-49f4-aecc-07af-4849edf07bab@btinternet.com>, John
Quarmby via groups.io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> writes
[...]

Callsign: GM4DIJ
Locator: IO85IW66 Edinburgh
Bands:  1296MHz    20W 30ele H/B until 1pm roughly
        2320MHz  2W  50ele DL6WU after 1pm roughly
        3400MHz   2W 7ele PCB yagi or maybe /P using 60cm dish in the
garden if the sun's out.

Times: 0900-1500 depending on activity and demand.
Talkback: ON4KST

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Martin - GM8IEM

Hi John,
I plan to be active as follows:

Callsign: GM8IEM
Locator: IO78HF
Bands: 1296MHz 180W 67el
2300/2320MHz 80W 67el
Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST

It's going to be difficult from here with so few planes flying, so hope to make every one count! I also plan to be active at times on 432 MHz and on the above bands in the 24 hour RSGB/IARU Contest.

73, Martin
GM8IEM – IO78HF

[...]

I hope to be on at various times throughout the weekend ... I'll concentrate some effort in the lowband uWave segment

70cms in the RSGB segment
23cm QRP 20W and 40 ele
3cm 1W/60cm

I don't think I can get 13cm onto an aerial in time ..
IO82UJ
talkback on 70cm and KST

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 17:08, Martin - GM8IEM <martinhall@...> wrote:
[...]

Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.

david656179

Hopefully on in this contest, I am hoping conditions will be better this time!

Callsign: G6KWA
Locator: JO02AD
Bands: 1296MHz 95W 47ele homebrew yagi
Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST, direct CQs on 1296MHz

73

David

G6KWA

Pete - GM4BYF

Callsign: GM4BYF
Locator: IO85JV
Bands: 1296MHz 100W 57ele

2320MHz 100W 1.2m dish

3400MHz 40W 1.2m dish

Can't run 13cm & 9cm simultaneously

Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST, direct CQs on 1296MHz, Zello

73
Pete GM4BYF

--
vry 73
Pete GM4BYF

Dave G1EHF

Depending on the weather, I'll put up another temporary mast in the back garden and concentrate on 2320/2300:

Callsign: G1EHF
Locator: IO91LH
Bands: 2300/2320MHz 60W, 0.8m mesh dish
Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST + occasional direct CQ

73, Dave G1EHF

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

Hi John,

The Combe Gibberlets remain spread across the south of England, so I'll be on my single band from home again!

Callsign: G3TCU
Locator: IO91QE
Bands: 1296MHz 250W 44 ele

Talkback: Direct CQ, ON4KST
Times: Various throughout, on KST when in the shack.

73, Phil G3TCU

On 25/04/2020 10:23, John Quarmby via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Andy GD1MIP

I will be on 23cm only, airing my newly built amp.

Callsign: GD1MIP
Locator: IO74ti
Bands: 1296MHz 100W 44 ele

Times: Throughout
Talkback: ON4KST, direct CQs on 1296MHz

Graham - G3YJR

I will be entering the 70cm and 3cm Trophy contests on the Saturday from 1400 GMT, then Low bands on Sunday.

Callsign: G3YJR
Locator:  IO93FJ
Bands:   70cm 25 W 19el yagi
             3cm   3W 80cm dish
             23cm  8W 1 x 44 el Wimo
             13cm, 2300 (NoV) and 2320MHz  25W 40 el Wimo

Talkback:   via ON4KST, Zello (possibly - I've never used Zello)
Times: Various throughout

Keep well! 73 Graham

davidm0ghz

Callsign M0GHZ
Locator IO81VK
Bands:
23cm 250W 55 ele
13cm 50W 48 ele QLY
9cm 7W 90cm dish
Times: Throughout
Talkback: KST

73 David

Paul Randall G3NJV

Condx pretty poor, can only occasionally get a faint trace from GB3VHF, normally see it 95% of the time. If I can finish the tedious job fitting connectors to LDF4/50 and the wind dies to allow me to put my brand new  antenna up, then please look for me down here in the far SW, my first foray on 23cm.

Callsign: G3NJV
Locator: IO70JA
Bands: 1296MHz 10W 36ele
Times: Throughout