6Cms messing continues

militaryoperator

With the arrival of the flat panel antenna, I thought I'd see how the Dbl Bi-quad, DBQ plus dish (small) and the panel compare.

dbl biquad    -127dbm to -106dbm noise to sig,    21dbm difference
dbq+dish      -127dbm to -98dbm                          29dbm difference
23dbi panel  -127dbm to -93.5dbm                       33.5dbm difference 

Obviously, baseline means nothing but the differences between noise floor and signal are interesting I think. 
The dish is only a small 20-inch petal-type ex sat tv so a bigger one would be better, but more effort to raise, hi.

So, tx side to work on now, hi.

Ben.

Garyov

Interesting, my flat plate arrived this week, and the rc- 832, a couple of weeks back. The skywing ts2500
Is still in transit. Need to make up a distribution / control unit next. Hope to get live sometime soon from Io82. 
G4BJD 

On 28 May 2021 13:34, "militaryoperator via groups.io" <Military1944@...> wrote:
With the arrival of the flat panel antenna, I thought I'd see how the Dbl Bi-quad, DBQ plus dish (small) and the panel compare.

dbl biquad    -127dbm to -106dbm noise to sig,    21dbm difference
dbq+dish      -127dbm to -98dbm                          29dbm difference
23dbi panel  -127dbm to -93.5dbm                       33.5dbm difference 

Obviously, baseline means nothing but the differences between noise floor and signal are interesting I think. 
The dish is only a small 20-inch petal-type ex sat tv so a bigger one would be better, but more effort to raise, hi.

So, tx side to work on now, hi.

Ben.

Gareth G4XAT

Glad I bought a pair (ages ago for WB FM ATV). More recently I emailed Yagi.pl and asked them the power handling of the panel. 100 watts was the answer......so all we need now is some prime surplus amps like the Stealth or Ionicas.....but for 6cms :-)