From: Graham - G3YJR <g3yjr@...>
Date: 29/12/2019 09:47 (GMT+00:00)
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] 29-Dec-2019 3cm opening

I hear DB0JK beacon on 10,368.864 MHz. 23cm in reasonable shape too.

Nicholas Shaxted

Conditions are dropping now that operators are appearing.

Overnight some insanely strong signals from the beacons DB0GHZ and PI7ALK.

Along with F5ZTR, OZ5SHF, DB0VC, OZ7IGY (up to +7dB pi4).

GB3LEX and GB3MHZ received a few minutes ago (10.15 utc) looking out over the North Sea at 52 deg etn along with PE9GHZ and PI7RTD on the same heading (rain bearing cloud)

I am glad to hear one of my former local beacons (DB0JK) has been heard in the UK. It should appear frequently but it does have a tendency to decide to wander about the band in “warm” weather. It can appear on 10368.843 for weeks during the 30+ deg summer heat. It gets hot in the Colonius broadcast tower.

DB0GW should also appear and am surprised it has not been heard (.852 to avoid GB3SEE).

Have fun all I have used my allotted time for the day 😊

Nick  - g4ogi

From: Graham - G3YJR <g3yjr@...>

Date: 29/12/2019 09:47 (GMT+00:00)

I hear DB0JK beacon on 10,368.864 MHz. 23cm in reasonable shape too.

Graham - G3YJR

Looks like I missed the best of it. PI7RTD/b still strong here though.