Topics

3.4GHz transverter??

militaryoperator

Does anyone have a 3.4GHz transverter they are interested in selling?  Even just an upconverter would be good.
Or a suggestion etc.

The G4EML board that was 70cms to 2.4Ghz. Would this work on 3.4, removing the 2.4 filter of course? Is there a similar 3.4Ghz filter available?

M.X and a H.N.Y. of course.

Ben.

Andy

On 24/12/2019 15:57, militaryoperator via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone have a 3.4GHz transverter they are interested in selling? Even just an upconverter would be good.
Or a suggestion etc.
SG-Lab of Bulgaria sell one to go with their 23 and 13cms units. Price is 240EU + shipping and delivery is about 10 weeks. Produces a few watts at 3400.

Andy

Andy G4JNT

Diode ring mixer- several types,  Google for one suitable for freq.  Evanescent  filter
http://g4jnt.com/EVANFILT.pdf, handful of ERA modamps, and glue.
That’ll give you the transverter, then try for an Ionica PA.

--
Andy 'JNT (out walking)

militaryoperator

On 24/12/2019 15:57, militaryoperator via Groups.Io wrote:

> Does anyone have a 3.4GHz transverter they are interested in selling?
> Even just an upconverter would be good.
> Or a suggestion etc.

SG-Lab of Bulgaria sell one to go with their 23 and 13cms units. Price
is 240EU + shipping and delivery is about 10 weeks. Produces a few watts
at 3400.

Andy

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Yes, thanks Andy. Obviously I know of the main players, SG, Kuhne, Mini-kits etc.
Could  have a working on air setup by tomorrow if I want to throw money at it.  (Maybe not tomorrow actually!)
Was hoping to find someone who had been there, got the tee shirt and was now moving on. In other words, cheaper.

cheers, Ben.

militaryoperator

Diode ring mixer- several types,  Google for one suitable for freq.  Evanescent  filter
http://g4jnt.com/EVANFILT.pdf, handful of ERA modamps, and glue.
That’ll give you the transverter, then try for an Ionica PA.

Gosh, it all sounds so easy when you put it that way.

Part way there, I have the Ionica pa and the rx unit.

B.

Lou Blasco

Hi Ben,

W1GHZ produces a set of cheap and cheerful transverters. I've built the 10GHz and 5.7GHz versions and they are excellent value for money. I have a 3.4GHz partially constructed and have no doubt it will be just as good. Even with the horrendous cost of postage these days they work out  at under US$50 per band per board. Quite a relief and a viable alternative to the big name brands. The biggest cost for the completed project was a L.O. at around 50% of the total price.

Look for me on QRZ to see pictures of my completed transverters and links to the projects.

Regards

Lou
VK3ALB

At 02:57 25/12/2019, you wrote:
Does anyone have a 3.4GHz transverter they are interested in selling?  Even just an upconverter would be good.
Or a suggestion etc.

The G4EML board that was 70cms to 2.4Ghz. Would this work on 3.4, removing the 2.4 filter of course? Is there a similar 3.4Ghz filter available?

M.X and a H.N.Y. of course.

Ben.

G4WIM KT6UK

Hi Ben

re 3.4Ghz please email me as I maybe able to help. Details are good on QRZ.com

Regards Tim G4WIM

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

In message <BY5PR13MB3619A39E38D4D12E26F6F93692290@...
ok.com>, Andy <mm0fmf@...> writes
On 24/12/2019 15:57, militaryoperator via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone have a 3.4GHz transverter they are interested in selling? Even just an upconverter would be good.
Or a suggestion etc.
SG-Lab of Bulgaria sell one to go with their 23 and 13cms units. Price is 240EU + shipping and delivery is about 10 weeks. Produces a few watts at 3400.

Andy
I didn't know SG were doing 9cm. I can't see a spec on the website. I only know of 2 GMs on there, but it might be good for IO74 activity next year. I'd need to knock up yet another mad loop yagi.
Planning SOTA on 9cm ? :-)

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Andy

On 27/12/2019 18:58, Brian Howie GM4DIJ wrote:
In message <BY5PR13MB3619A39E38D4D12E26F6F93692290@...
ok.com>, Andy <mm0fmf@...> writes
On 24/12/2019 15:57, militaryoperator via Groups.Io wrote:
Does anyone have a 3.4GHz transverter they are interested in selling? Even just an upconverter would be good.
Or a suggestion etc.
SG-Lab of Bulgaria sell one to go with their 23 and 13cms units. Price is 240EU + shipping and delivery is about 10 weeks. Produces a few watts at 3400.

Andy
I didn't know SG were doing 9cm. I can't see a spec on the website. I only know of 2 GMs on there, but it might be good for IO74 activity next year.  I'd need to knock up yet another mad loop yagi.
Planning SOTA on 9cm ? :-)
Brian GM4DIJ
It doesn't appear to be advertised on the website, someone in G told me of VKs stations using it. Think it may be 4W on 3400 with a 432/435MHz IF. I'm very interested in buying one. I have enough time to operate or build, I'm cash rich and time poor. I'd like to build because using gear you built is so satisfying. But I'd like to get on the band and show some use before we lose everything to bloody mobile phones.

Andy

Tom GM8MJV

Brian/Andy

Likewise - looked at SG site and can’t see anything - if either of you find out any more details please let me know. Have some bits and bobs for the band but ‘hassle factor’ at present is high - if SG do do one will be there like a shot.

Have a good time over new year

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 27 Dec 2019, at 22:02, Andy <mm0fmf@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes,

There are some in VK but I understand they cannot keep up with production which is probably why they are no longer listed. You might try writing direct to inquire.

Regards

Lou
VK3ALB

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 9:51 AM Tom GM8MJV <tom@...> wrote:
Brian/Andy

Likewise - looked at SG site and can’t see anything - if either of you find out any more details please let me know. Have some bits and bobs for the band but ‘hassle factor’ at present is high - if SG do do one will be there like a shot.

Have a good time over new year

Tom

--
73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

On 27 Dec 2019, at 22:02, Andy <mm0fmf@...> wrote:

> On 27/12/2019 18:58, Brian Howie GM4DIJ wrote:
>> In message <BY5PR13MB3619A39E38D4D12E26F6F93692290@...
>> ok.com>, Andy <mm0fmf@...> writes
>>>>

>>> SG-Lab of Bulgaria sell one to go with their 23 and 13cms units. Price is 240EU + shipping and delivery is about 10 weeks. Produces a few watts at 3400.
>>>
>>> Andy
>> I didn't know SG were doing 9cm. I can't see a spec on the website. I only know of 2 GMs on there, but it might be good for IO74 activity next year.  I'd need to knock up yet another mad loop yagi.
>> Planning SOTA on 9cm ? :-)
>> Brian GM4DIJ
>
> It doesn't appear to be advertised on the website, someone in G told me of VKs stations using it. Think it may be 4W on 3400 with a 432/435MHz IF. I'm very interested in buying one. I have enough time to operate or build, I'm cash rich and time poor. I'd like to build because using gear you built is so satisfying. But I'd like to get on the band and show some use before we lose everything to bloody mobile phones.
>
> Andy

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

In message <BY5PR13MB36193AA6703566E3A36839A3922A0@...
ok.com>, Andy <mm0fmf@...> writes
On 27/12/2019 18:58, Brian Howie GM4DIJ wrote:
In message <BY5PR13MB3619A39E38D4D12E26F6F93692290@...>>lo
ok.com>, Andy <mm0fmf@...> writes
[...]

Hi Andy,

I've e-mailed him. I'll let the collective know. It looks like Tom MJV is interested and there's a few others on 9cm up here.

73 Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie

Bob_G1ZJP

All

Towards the end of November I had this from SG-Labs ~

About 3.4 GHz transverter - yes, now we start the production. The size
and characteristics are  similar to our 2.3 GHz transverter, output
power is 3+ watts. Expected availability is after 3-4 weeks, the price
is 240 Euro +8 Euro for economy shipping.

73
Hristiyan LZ5HP

SG-Labs appear to be providing several excellent value products for the higher bands, helping more to become QRV and use the bands.  Their service is excellent too, a really good company to deal with.

73
Bob, G1ZJP

Tim, VK2XAX

Hi all,

I've just received mine. I've enclosed the pdf that comes with it.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance and do some tests.

regards

Tim

--
VK2XAX : QF56if : ITU59 : CQ30 : BMARC : WIA

Stuart G1ZAR

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 07:32 AM, Tim wrote:

Hristiyan emailed me yesterday to say mine would be shipped first week January. About an eight week delivery.
I still need to make an aerial, and am going to try a loop yagi based on the info from directive systems.

https://directivesystems.com/2304-mhz-above/9-cm-antennas-3456-mhz/

the pdf's for the kits include all dimensions & assembly notes.

.

Brian Howie GM4DIJ

In message <15E4737CCD11ACD6.17126@groups.io>, Brian Howie GM4DIJ <brian@...> writes
[...]

I've sent an order for one. 240Eu +8Eu shipping. Lead time is 2-3 weeks. Spec has posted on here.

Need to make up a loop yagi now. I hope to be on /P from IO74MU in March at the earliest

Brian GM4DIJ

--
Brian Howie

Pete - GM4BYF

Time to dust down the 9cm gear methinks.

73
Pete GM4BYF

On 30/12/19 13:51, Brian Howie GM4DIJ wrote:
[...]

vry 73
Pete GM4BYF

steve G1PPA

I hope to be on 3.4 soon transverter put together just my dish and feed to sort out when time allows. Thanks to neil and tony for there help

On 30 Dec 2019, at 15:01, Pete - GM4BYF via Groups.Io <gm4byf=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

I've taken some pictures of the SG labs 3.4GHz transverter and put them in my photo share. Scroll to the end of the page to see them.

You can find them here...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YZscxrT5ZRtYHUKAA

I've also made a couple of quick videos testing the transmit and receive abilities of the unit.

You can find those here...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYCZzTuA1rW7t7oe9hovRvA

cheers

Tim

--
VK2XAX : QF56if : ITU59 : CQ30 : BMARC : WIA

Tim, VK2XAX

Hi all,

I've just uploaded a video on how to program the SGlabs transverter to a different IF.

https://youtu.be/onsv-g3drx8

cheers

Tim

--

VK2XAX : QF56if : ITU59 : CQ30 : BMARC : WIA