Topics

5th Overtone Crystals

Adrian G4UVZ

As part of the GB3KBQ refurb  I need to purchase a 108.0090622 MHz crystal

I have to admit it is a long time since I bought a crystal ..however I had not realised that things had changed so much in the crystal supply industry.

I was prepared for a hike in crystal pricing ..however the industry now appears to be geared to minimum  quantities.

The Best quote I have to date is a minimum of 3 crystals at £18.51 each plus VAT
The Second best quote is 5 units at £35.69 each  again plus VAT !!
Both quotes are from UK suppliers.

I would be pleased to hear if anyone can supply details of a supplier with a better pricing structure!

Bent Andersen

Hi Adrian

Here on the Island of Bornholm we have a cheap and good supplier.... Try this webpage www.eska.dk

73" oz1ct Ben

mike G6TRM

Hi Adrian,
Have you tried.. 1)Eisch-electronic.com, or   2) Krystaly.cz

rgds

Mike G6TRM

As part of the GB3KBQ refurb  I need to purchase a 108.0090622 MHz crystal

I have to admit it is a long time since I bought a crystal ..however I had not realised that things had changed so much in the crystal supply industry.

I was prepared for a hike in crystal pricing ..however the industry now appears to be geared to minimum  quantities.

The Best quote I have to date is a minimum of 3 crystals at £18.51 each plus VAT
The Second best quote is 5 units at £35.69 each  again plus VAT !!
Both quotes are from UK suppliers.

I would be pleased to hear if anyone can supply details of a supplier with a better pricing structure!

ian hope (2E0IJH)

For anyone that needs a LO,I have a spare Digi-LO that has come out of Q5 Transverter it's currently on 116mhz but can be changed, http://q5signal.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67, This one has the higher spec TCXO fitted.

Ian
M5IJH

As part of the GB3KBQ refurb  I need to purchase a 108.0090622 MHz crystal

I have to admit it is a long time since I bought a crystal ..however I had not realised that things had changed so much in the crystal supply industry.

I was prepared for a hike in crystal pricing ..however the industry now appears to be geared to minimum  quantities.

The Best quote I have to date is a minimum of 3 crystals at £18.51 each plus VAT
The Second best quote is 5 units at £35.69 each  again plus VAT !!
Both quotes are from UK suppliers.

I would be pleased to hear if anyone can supply details of a supplier with a better pricing structure!

Adrian G4UVZ

Thanks for the information..I have put a request into ESKA.DK  and await a response

Adrian

Adrian G4UVZ

Also Krystaly.cz