Re Filters?

militaryoperator

OK. Having got my upconverter working, happy with my first SMD job, I see on the SDR that as I tune the 70m signal there are 2 signals, travelling in opposite directions.

Chat with guru, says I need filters. As I get the 2 sig using either my sig gen at 432 or my rig I'm guessing its an odd harmonic or such from the LeoBod osc which I have set at 656Mhz (x3 to get 1960)

So, filters for 1960 MHz etc. Are there any designs, guides etc around, places to go and read up on such? so I can have a go at making one myself.

cheers, Ben.

Will be on 23 tonight.

militaryoperator

I'll see if pic gets through.

2400b.jpg

Colin G4EML

That looks more like the image response in the SDR. With a strong signal it is not unusual to see an image response the other side of the centre point.

Your signal itself is probably OK.

Colin.

On 17 Sep 2019, at 17:32, militaryoperator via Groups.Io <Military1944@...> wrote:

I'll see if pic gets through.