Topics

13cm beacons

Martyn G3UKV

Good morning
I have currently got my 13cm dish etc on the mast, but at various times that I have monitored the band, have been unable to hear either GB3LES (2320.955) or GB3FNM (2320.920)  for the last month or so. Beaconspot says they are both 'operational', but I notice no 'spots' for either since late June. Both are usually marginal here, but visible on an SDR from time to time.
Can anyone please confirm that they are currently QRV, or not ?
Thanks
Martyn G3UKV (IO82RR)

G3UVR Denis

Hi Martyn.

Just checked 13cm cant hear either of those beacons they are always just below my noise floor unless some path enhancement.

73 de Denis G3UVR

Barry Lewis

Martyn,
I can't check on FNM until next Sunday although I have no reason to think it's not running.
73 Barry G4SJH

Dave G4RGK .

GB3FNM was 599 in the Chilterns yesterday afternoon when I checked it.

73 Dave G4RGK

On 11/09/2019 08:42, Barry Lewis via Groups.Io wrote:
Martyn,
I can't check on FNM until next Sunday although I have no reason to think it's not running.
73 Barry G4SJH

Martyn G3UKV

Thanks Denis and others for your replies. Much appreciated.
My term's report : "Must try harder..." Dish pointing slightly down. Now corrected, so we'll see.
Cheers
Martyn G3UKV

On 10/09/2019 17:35, G3UVR Denis via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Martyn.

Just checked 13cm cant hear either of those beacons they are always just below my noise floor unless some path enhancement.

73 de Denis G3UVR

G4LDR

Hello Martyn,

Just checked the Farnham beacon, GB3FNM on 2320.920MHz and I can't hear it, normally 599+++ here. Not hearing the Leicester Beacon GB3LES on 2320.955MHz but don't monitor it very often. I'm hearing GB3SCS at 599 so 13cm RX is working here. I am hearing GB3LEX on 10368.955 at 419 at the moment.

73 Neil G4LDR

Dave G4RGK .

I checked it again at 12z today, I cant hear it either.

73 Dave G4RGK

On 11/09/2019 11:47, G4LDR via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello Martyn,

Just checked the Farnham beacon, GB3FNM on 2320.920MHz and I can't hear it, normally 599+++ here. Not hearing the Leicester Beacon GB3LES on 2320.955MHz but don't monitor it very often. I'm hearing GB3SCS at 599 so 13cm RX is working here. I am hearing GB3LEX on 10368.955 at 419 at the moment.

73 Neil G4LDR

John Lemay

GB3LES on 13cms is audible here in JO01. It’s not strong, but that is normal.

John G4ZTR

I checked it again at 12z today, I cant hear it either.

73 Dave G4RGK

On 11/09/2019 11:47, G4LDR via Groups.Io wrote:

Hello Martyn,

Just checked the Farnham beacon, GB3FNM on 2320.920MHz and I can't hear it, normally 599+++ here. Not hearing the Leicester Beacon GB3LES on 2320.955MHz but don't monitor it very often. I'm hearing GB3SCS at 599 so 13cm RX is working here. I am hearing GB3LEX on 10368.955 at 419 at the moment.

73 Neil G4LDR

Martyn G3UKV

Ah - thank you John.
I had almost convinced myself it was QRT. Geoff (NoV holder) will be relieved to read your mail.
Still not hearing it here. Need some rain scatter or something. I'll listen again this evening.
Surprisingly few reports of 13cm beacons on Beaconspot - which is a really valuable resource.
73 Martyn G3UKV

On 12/09/2019 11:45, John Lemay wrote:

GB3LES on 13cms is audible here in JO01. It’s not strong, but that is normal.

John G4ZTR

I checked it again at 12z today, I cant hear it either.

73 Dave G4RGK

On 11/09/2019 11:47, G4LDR via Groups.Io wrote:

Hello Martyn,

Just checked the Farnham beacon, GB3FNM on 2320.920MHz and I can't hear it, normally 599+++ here. Not hearing the Leicester Beacon GB3LES on 2320.955MHz but don't monitor it very often. I'm hearing GB3SCS at 599 so 13cm RX is working here. I am hearing GB3LEX on 10368.955 at 419 at the moment.

73 Neil G4LDR

Barry Lewis

Folks,
GB3FNM back up and running on 2320.920 MHz from 15:20 today.
73
Barry G4SJH

John Lemay

Many thanks Barry – another shilling in the meter was needed ?

I’ve just added a Cluster spot.

John G4ZTR