Anyone recognise this

Dave Brown

No luck looking for info in the usual places although found photos of
similar looking devices-but not the same. Suspect it's a combined
circulator isolator but open to suggestions-and any idea of frequency range-
my sweep gear is out of action just now. Large connectors are type N- small
one on the end looks like SMB-not checked as yet.
Dave, ZL3FJ

Mike Willis

Looks like a directional coupler
--
Mike G0MJW

Andy G4JNT

With the small SMB or SMC perhaps being a power or temperature monitor on the load part.  The bit that uses Berylium.

On Sat, 7 Sep 2019 at 08:50, Mike Willis <willis.mj@...> wrote:
Looks like a directional coupler
--
Mike G0MJW

Dave Brown

Yes- it does look like one - BUT- it contains both magnetic materials and beryllium…………….?

So I think not..

73

Dave, ZL3FJ

I saw similar units from others manufacturers at the output of GSM / DCS 1800 equipments

You are right it is a combined circulator isolator

73s Eric

Le 07/09/2019 09:42, Dave Brown a écrit :
No luck looking for info in the usual places although found photos of
similar looking devices-but not the same. Suspect it's a combined
circulator isolator but open to suggestions-and any idea of frequency range-
my sweep gear is out of action just now. Large connectors are type N- small
one on the end looks like SMB-not checked as yet.
Dave, ZL3FJ

Mike Willis

The beryllium could be part of the load, there was a time of panic when that warning label went on everything. Perhaps it is all three. Why don't you put it on a VNA and find out?
--
Mike G0MJW

Dave Brown

Yeah- will have to take it somewhere and do just that-no VNA here- but normally I could sweep it, just not right now, unfortunately. I too suspect it’s ex cellular but we shall see. The guy I got it from (he has many more) is convinced its microwave related but…!!. Regardless, it looks like a good source of stainless type N’s with gold centre conductor.

Dave, ZL3FJ