Topics

Looking for 3cm's contacts this Friday evening from IO84

Nick Gregory G0HIK

My friend has asked me if I fancy a bit of portable this Friday evening. He is going to test his 5.6g FMTV, I thought it would be a good chance to test my new 3cms kit before Sunday.

We will be at IO84KD from around 7pm Clock.

http://k7fry.com/grid/?qth=IO74DO07GO&from=IO84IH30AU

Sorry Geoff, poor take off to GI/GD from here.

I'll have KST and 2mtrs SSB 100w & 10ele

I can also take 1.3/2.3 on request also.

Nick G0HIK

G3UVR Denis

Nick..

I will be on 19:00 local for you.. 3cm

KST preferred and I will listen 144.390

73 de Denis G3UVR

Nick Gregory G0HIK

That's great Denis, thanks, I'm excited looking forward to my first contact :)

I'll message you when set up

BTW, the map link was incorrect, new one here

http://k7fry.com/grid/?qth=IO84KD87AS&from=IO84IH30AU

Nick

John Worsnop

Hi Nick
I'll be on KST from 1900 local with Denis.

IO84 would be a new square for me so I'm keen to try CW or Digimodes

Sorry, no 144 talkback here just too noisy to hear stuff beyond the end of the street :-)

73
John
7W to 60cm offset JO02cg33

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 14:17, Nick Gregory G0HIK via Groups.Io <nickg0hik=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
My friend has asked me if I fancy a bit of portable this Friday evening. He is going to test his 5.6g FMTV, I thought it would be a good chance to test my new 3cms kit before Sunday.

We will be at IO84KD from around 7pm Clock.

http://k7fry.com/grid/?qth=IO74DO07GO&from=IO84IH30AU

Sorry Geoff, poor take off to GI/GD from here.

I'll have KST and 2mtrs SSB 100w & 10ele

I can also take 1.3/2.3 on request also.

Nick G0HIK

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Thanks John,

That is great, 304 K, might be a bit far for my first outing and with only 1/4 watt, but what do I know.

If I'm successful with Denis, I'll give you a MEEP.

I am hoping to try from some of the Lakeland fells soon, but that will be with just a 22dBi Horn.

My CW, is not good and no Digimodes for /p yet, but I'll give that some thought, which mode do you use 3cm's and is there a Android version ?

73's

Nick G0HIK

Rob, M0DTS

I'll be around so will keep an eye on kst.
Not dx but very obstructed path over the pennines.

Rob
M0DTS

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019, 16:07 Nick Gregory G0HIK via Groups.Io, <nickg0hik=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks John,

That is great, 304 K, might be a bit far for my first outing and with only 1/4 watt, but what do I know.

If I'm successful with Denis, I'll give you a MEEP.

I am hoping to try from some of the Lakeland fells soon, but that will be with just a 22dBi Horn.

My CW, is not good and no Digimodes for /p yet, but I'll give that some thought, which mode do you use 3cm's and is there a Android version ?

73's

Nick G0HIK

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Hi Rob,

It's all DX to me at this stage, so any contacts will be a pleasure.

Nick G0HIK

John Worsnop

Never know, dream big! Just needs some rain. As far as I know, there's no Android implementation for JT modes and no replacement for practice to improve your Morse skills!

73 John

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019, 16:07 Nick Gregory G0HIK via Groups.Io, <nickg0hik=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks John,

That is great, 304 K, might be a bit far for my first outing and with only 1/4 watt, but what do I know.

If I'm successful with Denis, I'll give you a MEEP.

I am hoping to try from some of the Lakeland fells soon, but that will be with just a 22dBi Horn.

My CW, is not good and no Digimodes for /p yet, but I'll give that some thought, which mode do you use 3cm's and is there a Android version ?

73's

Nick G0HIK

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Right OK John,

You have shamed me into it ;) I've dug out the paddle.

I'm pretty sure I got rid of my stand alone memory keyer, that would be handy as a beacon to line up on.

Maybe there is a PIC design somewhere in internet land that I can build in to the transverter box.

Nick G0HIK

Nick Gregory G0HIK

Many Thanks Denis for my first narrow band 3cm's contact this evening.

Hopefully I will make it with the ops soon.

On Sunday I will be operating from another location which is several 100's of feet higher, so it maybe worth another try.

Nick G0HIK

John Worsnop

Sorry I vanished. I needed to sort out my 6cm EME system for the weekend and our chances were pretty slim on Troposcatter with you just running QRP.
We need more power from you,  a bit of wet or some good tropo ducting to do that path. Path loss via Troposcatter is about the same as up to G4KUX, but he has watts and lots of antenna height. We often fail when condx are flat and dry blike last night
I'll try and be around next time ur out.

73
John