Activity List for the UK Microwave Group 5.7Ghz and 10GHz contests - Sunday 25th August

John Quarmby

The next in the summer season of UKuG 5.7 and 10GHz events takes place next Sunday 25th August, from 0700 to 1900 clock time (0600-1800 GMT). Entrants can operate for a maximum of 8 hours during that period.

This session coincides with the French F8TD Microwave Contest, so there should be stations to try with across the channel.

I will compile an activity list from inputs received by close of play Friday 23rd August. Please send details of your planned activity in the usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 0.6m dish
             10GHz 10W  0.6m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: Various throughout

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

Doug G4DZU

Are you going to be on

On 17 Aug 2019, at 17:53, John Quarmby via Groups.Io <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

The next in the summer season of UKuG 5.7 and 10GHz events takes place next Sunday 25th August, from 0700 to 1900 clock time (0600-1800 GMT). Entrants can operate for a maximum of 8 hours during that period.

This session coincides with the French F8TD Microwave Contest, so there should be stations to try with across the channel.

I will compile an activity list from inputs received by close of play Friday 23rd August. Please send details of your planned activity in the usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 0.6m dish
10GHz 10W 0.6m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: Various throughout

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

G3UVR Denis IO83KH

Hello 3cm ops. Will be on intermitantly through the day.

Callsign: G3UVR
Locator: IO83KH
Band:   10ghz 60cm Andrew dish 3.5w TX
Talkback: ON4KST first choice. plus maybe Zello SHF Chat,
Times: Various throughout

73 de Denis G3UVR

Paul M0EYT

Hi All,

I'll be out on Sunday as well from Tyneham View carpark on the Purbecks;

Callsign: M0EYT/P / 2E0NOG/P (My son Alex)
Locator: IO80WP
Bands: 10GHz 10W 1M dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, Tel 07780 478785
Times: 0900 onwards.

Regards,

Paul M0EYT.

John Lemay

Hi John and all

I plan to be QRV ..........

Call: G4ZTR
Locator: JO01KW
Band: 10GHz, 10w, 1m dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various throughout

Regards

John G4ZTR

The next in the summer season of UKuG 5.7 and 10GHz events takes place
next Sunday 25th August, from 0700 to 1900 clock time (0600-1800 GMT).
Entrants can operate for a maximum of 8 hours during that period.

This session coincides with the French F8TD Microwave Contest, so there
should be stations to try with across the channel.

I will compile an activity list from inputs received by close of play
Friday 23rd August. Please send details of your planned activity in the
usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 0.6m dish
10GHz 10W 0.6m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: Various throughout

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

Rob, M0DTS

I hope to be active either from home or /p.

Callsign: M0DTS
Locator: IO94IL or IO94LI (if portable)
Bands: 10GHz 6W 80cm
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello, 2m
Times: 11am onwards.

Rob
M0DTS

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, 11:41 John Lemay, <john@...> wrote:
Hi John and all

I plan to be QRV ..........

Call: G4ZTR
Locator: JO01KW
Band: 10GHz, 10w, 1m dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various throughout

Regards

John G4ZTR

The next in the summer season of UKuG 5.7 and 10GHz events takes place
next Sunday 25th August, from 0700 to 1900 clock time (0600-1800 GMT).
Entrants can operate for a maximum of 8 hours during that period.

This session coincides with the French F8TD Microwave Contest, so there
should be stations to try with across the channel.

I will compile an activity list from inputs received by close of play
Friday 23rd August. Please send details of your planned activity in the
usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 0.6m dish
              10GHz 10W  0.6m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: Various throughout

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

David Law

I have a loan system from uk microwave group (G4BAO). I will hopefully be on portable somewhere maybe in the Peak District.
2W Kuhne TVTR and  a sky dish

I will be on KST if operating.
Who will be my first 10ghz contact?
I need to find a compass!

David G0LBK

Barry Lewis

We plan to be active from Walbury Hill again on Sunday:-

Callsign: G4SJH/P

Locator: IO91GI44

Band: 10GHz 0.8W, 1m offset dish

Talkback: ON4KST + 144.390MHz

Times: from 10:00 BST

Callsign: G1EHF/P

Locator: IO91GI44

Band: 5.760GHz 5W, 75cm offset dish + 5.665GHz WBFM 2W, 23dBi panel

Talkback: ON4KST + 144.390MHz

Times: from 10:00 BST

73, Barry G4SJH

Martyn G3UKV

GM All
This Sunday. . . . . . .

Call: G3ZME/P
Locator: IO82QL (Brown Clee)
Bands: 5.7 and 10 GHz (but recent months bad wi-fi type noise on 5.7 all directions).
Talkback: 'KST, 2m 144.390MHz (preferred), Zello
Times: From about 10:30 local

73 Martyn (G3UKV)

On 19/08/2019 11:40, John Lemay wrote:
Hi John and all

I plan to be QRV ..........

Call: G4ZTR
Locator: JO01KW
Band: 10GHz, 10w, 1m dish
Talkback: ON4KST
Times: Various throughout

Regards

John G4ZTR

The next in the summer season of UKuG 5.7 and 10GHz events takes place
next Sunday 25th August, from 0700 to 1900 clock time (0600-1800 GMT).
Entrants can operate for a maximum of 8 hours during that period.

This session coincides with the French F8TD Microwave Contest, so there
should be stations to try with across the channel.

I will compile an activity list from inputs received by close of play
Friday 23rd August. Please send details of your planned activity in the
usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 0.6m dish
              10GHz 10W  0.6m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: Various throughout

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

Nick Gregory G0HIK

I hope to be on, with the new 3cms transverter if I can get it boxed up in time.

250mW 2ft dish

IO84JE probably.

Email me for a sked, but I'll also be on KST when I'm on the band.

Nick G0HIK

geoffrey pike

Hope to be qrv on 6cms and 3cms from IO74AU
4 watts 6cms sky dish
1 watt 3cms sky dish
Mobile 07817 177907
2m micorwave talk back 144..390 from say noon to 15:00 or whenever it starts to rain!
cheers
Geoff
GI0GDP

On Wednesday, 21 August 2019, 10:40:05 BST, Nick Gregory G0HIK via Groups.Io <nickg0hik@...> wrote:

I hope to be on, with the new 3cms transverter if I can get it boxed up in time.

250mW 2ft dish

IO84JE probably.

Email me for a sked, but I'll also be on KST when I'm on the band.

Nick G0HIK

G4LDR

I'm planning to be QRV on 6cm and on 3cm (providing I can fix a proplem with the TX on that band).

Callsign: G4LDR
Locator: IO91EC02
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 1.5m dish
             10GHz 25W 1.0m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, 144.390MHz (and Zello SHF Chat)
Times: Various throughout because I also hope to be QRV on 6cm EME on Sunday.

73 Neil G4LDR

Adrian G4UVZ

Having failed miserably last month to make any contacts on 3cms ..I reacquainted myself with the KST thing about 3 weeks ago ,,,eventually got it working ...checked it out today and I am locked out again!!! see attached ,,I think Win 10 had a recent update so assume this is why it won't work.  Any ideas anyone???

Adrian G4UVZ

For some reason the screenshot is not clear on My PC    Following a connect request it reads..................Socket Error # 10061....Connection Refused

Adrian

mike G6TRM

Hi All,

Callsign: G6TRM/P
Locator JO01QD Nr DOVER, KENT
Bands 5.7GHz 6W 1m Grid dish
10GHz 12W 70cm dish
Maybe 6cm WB too
Talkback ON4KST poss Zello SHF chat
Mobile 07941447392
Times various throughout day

Dave

Hello Adrian,
I am not far away from you at IO80DO. I will be on during the first half of sunday. What time are you due to start? I am happy to call you on and off on your beam heading for the first 20 mins on a set frequency. (10,368.150mhz ?) I do have Zello and KST2Me .
73
Dave G4GLT

On 22 Aug 2019, at 17:01, Adrian G4UVZ via Groups.Io <adrianwhatmore248@...> wrote:

For some reason the screenshot is not clear on My PC    Following a connect request it reads..................Socket Error # 10061....Connection Refused

Adrian

Adrian G4UVZ

Hi Dave

As you see above ..unless someone comes up with a fix KST is not an option ..if you run Windows 10 ..might be worth checking yours!

Take off in your direction for me is very poor..however I can rx the CCX beacon about S5 if I beam at Dunkery direction  about 310 degrees from here..so that would probably be best for you .
/ if not please send me a request to join your Zello entry ..I am logged as G4UVZ/
Just done a Zello search for G4GLT...but no results??
Zello is deffinitely favourite for me are you on SHF chat ...just did a Zello search for G4GLT...but no results

Dave

Hello Adrian,
Now that I have switched my Zello on I can see you in the list there.
I did once hear the beacon near you at 599 in early June. The rest of the time it has been just about audible in the noise at 419 or less .I understand the problems in my direction, so can call you on zello if the beacon comes up a bit.
73,
Dave G4GLT

On 22 Aug 2019, at 20:52, Adrian G4UVZ via Groups.Io <adrianwhatmore248@...> wrote:

Hi Dave

As you see above ..unless someone comes up with a fix KST is not an option ..if you run Windows 10 ..might be worth checking yours!

Take off in your direction for me is very poor..however I can rx the CCX beacon about S5 if I beam at Dunkery direction  about 310 degrees from here..so that would probably be best for you .
/ if not please send me a request to join your Zello entry ..I am logged as G4UVZ/
Just done a Zello search for G4GLT...but no results??
Zello is deffinitely favourite for me are you on SHF chat ...just did a Zello search for G4GLT...but no results

Nick Peckett G4KUX

Should be active at various time throughout the day.
Callsign: G$KUX
Locator: IO94BP
Band; 10GHz 8W  0.8m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat (If I can get it to work), 144.390MHz
Times: Various throughout the day.

Nick G4KUX

The next in the summer season of UKuG 5.7 and 10GHz events takes place
next Sunday 25th August, from 0700 to 1900 clock time (0600-1800 GMT).
Entrants can operate for a maximum of 8 hours during that period.

This session coincides with the French F8TD Microwave Contest, so there
should be stations to try with across the channel.

I will compile an activity list from inputs received by close of play
Friday 23rd August. Please send details of your planned activity in the
usual format:

Callsign: G3XDY
Locator: JO02OB
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 0.6m dish
              10GHz 10W  0.6m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: Various throughout

73

John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

Keith GW3TKH

Planned operation for Sunday:

Callsign: GW4HQX/P
Locator: IO81KR
Bands: 5.7GHz 15W 0.6m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz
Times: 0900 on...

Callsign: GW3TKH/P
Locator: IO81KR
Bands: 10GHz 10W  1.0m dish
Talkback: ON4KST, Zello SHF Chat, 144.390MHz, 07762885015.
Times: 0900 on...

73 Keith
GW3TKH